Ducati Sporting Club UK

Ducati Sporting Club UK (/msgboard.php)
-   DesmoDue - General Questions and Chat (/forumdisplay.php?f=107)
-   -   weekend Report. (/showthread.php?t=293897)

mat2hew 24-Mar-2014 13:25

weekend Report.

strange weekend, Really good to see Dean out there representing team Ghost, good to see everyone, It's shame that not everybody could be there. I did feel *sorry when Chris Clarke slid off in front of me at the hairpin when the hail came down and also when **Matt Lobb left with a broken collar Bone leaving me alone on the front row for the re-start. We were all really concerned about Kev P and Badger when they went down, again with a sudden downfall of hail, I'm so glad no one is too badly hurt.

I'd love to do a detailed report but I can't really remember all the antics that when on in the racing, I just spent race 1 with a rapidly worsening slipping clutch, I looked over my shoulder after about 5 laps and had a huge lead and decided that I was obviously going fast enough and eased off a bit to help the clutch, it was a big surprise when Matt Lobb came flying past, so much so that I ran really wide into Paddock and nearly ended up in the gravel, I spent 2 laps catching back up and crossed the line with the last lap flag out just 1 bike length behind, I put my head down and went for it a last lap dash, Took the chequered flag and thought Yeah! Only to find that the last lap flag should have been the chequered and I had actually finished 2nd, I wish they'd get the f'kin flags right. I did a whole extra lap Flat-Out! Then was told that Matt had a 10 second penalty for a Jump Start and I had won... :)

Race 2 part 1, I was in the lead for a bit, then Chris Clarke overtook then fell off when it started to rain/hail, I nearly followed him, apparently Matt Lobb did follow him, and broke his collarbone.

Race 2 part 2, With Matt and Chris not there, I was the only bike on row 1. I looked behind and the whole of the row 2 were class B bikes, it was raining, I thought I had all the time in the world, I got a rubbish start and Andy and Jim beat me to the first corner, I thought they are both pretty handy in the wet, so I decided not to get involved in their race just yet and follow them for a bit, thinking I might learn something from them. Before I knew it there was a familiar sight, Andy Challis's bike running up the inside into paddock, a chap called Mike Burke, Time to get a move on I thought, I upped the pace a little and got back past, overtook everybody in front, and got comfortable, with 1 lap to go Bloody rain master Paul Balletta flew past, and took the win. I couldn't believe it, a massive lead and finished 2nd AGAIN!

Race 3, started Dry, did a few laps, Massive lead, people jumped off, re start in the pouring rain massive lead, finished 2nd A G A I N !!!!!!! after Paul Balletta flew past showing me how to ride in the wet, 'coz I've turned into a wet weather pussy.

It looks like I'm going to have to watch out for Chris, Paul and Matt Lobb as it seems they are all propper quick.

Matt 'Awesome' Lawson – the Great! - Championship Leader.

* even though It did put me in the lead,,, honest ;)
** I did really, honestly feel sorry for him.

mbracing748 24-Mar-2014 16:43

First off – Thank you all for a good weekends racing, after returning back from racing after 4 years it was nice to come back into a happy and relaxed atmosphere.

My best wishes to everyone who was injured over the weekend, I hope you have a speedy recovery.

I plan to be in the paddock at Donington Park. Hopefully on a Demso Due Bike, if not then it will be on a Ducati 888 in the classic superbike!

Regards

Mike Burke

mat2hew 24-Mar-2014 19:47

nice to meet you Mike.

skidlids 24-Mar-2014 20:27

Quote:

Originally Posted by mbracing748
First off – Thank you all for a good weekends racing, after returning back from racing after 4 years it was nice to come back into a happy and relaxed atmosphere.

My best wishes to everyone who was injured over the weekend, I hope you have a speedy recovery.

I plan to be in the paddock at Donington Park. Hopefully on a Demso Due Bike, if not then it will be on a Ducati 888 in the classic superbike!

Regards

Mike Burke

That will be the 888 With the 5-spokes that were once in Matt's bike before it was converted into his AWESOME DD race bike

mat2hew 24-Mar-2014 22:25

Quote:

Originally Posted by skidlids
That will be the 888 With the 5-spokes that were once in Matt's bike before it was converted into his AWESOME DD race bike

That's very cool