Ducati Sporting Club UK

Ducati Sporting Club UK (/msgboard.php)
-   999 / 749 (/forumdisplay.php?f=84)
-   -   Replacement orange indicator bulbs where? (/showthread.php?t=37884)

fab 19-Oct-2006 22:48

Replacement orange indicator bulbs where?

Hey,
Anyone know where i can get replacement orange indicator bulbs for my rear clear lenses?

cheers

Wylie1 19-Oct-2006 22:56

Have you tried Halfords? (Don't know if they sell them, but it would be my 1st stop).

fab 20-Oct-2006 08:26

I had a look in my local one, but the bulbs they have a re predominantly for cars, they have the clear ones that would fit in the standard one, but not an orange bulb. Might try one of the bigger stores nearby, was jut hoping someone might have been in the same predicament previously & be able to tell me directly where to go, as it were! :)

sie748 25-Oct-2006 19:17

you should be able to buy them in any auto parts shop as many cars now have clear lenses.if these dont fit you can buy a coloured paint just for bulbs!!

Stones 31-Oct-2006 14:01

Not sure but I do have a clear rear light set, all boxed brand new that Im getting rid off. basically led's. Clear indicators and brake lights.... depends on your taste. I dont need them as 749 now chopped in for 1098... being sold now... other than that I used chrome bulbs in my front clear indicators on my 749 Dark and they looked fantastic, or rather the lack of orange was smart. I got them from... let me think.... Project R who sell on ebay and have their own site... they also sell orange bulbs. Anyway woffling now!

psychlist 31-Oct-2006 14:42

Quote:

Originally Posted by Stones
Not sure but I do have a clear rear light set, all boxed brand new that Im getting rid off. basically led's. Clear indicators and brake lights.... depends on your taste. I dont need them as 749 now chopped in for 1098... being sold now...!

Got any piccies and a price?

Melnie Mouse 31-Oct-2006 14:59

any motrax stockist should sell them as they're a big indicator provider!

fab 31-Oct-2006 21:51

I contacted the vendor of the clear lenses in the first place which was infact project r - so all is well in the indicator department ;)

this was only after being patronised by a local motorbike dealer telling me i either had the normal fitting which were some huge bulbs he brought out or the absolutely tiny ones that fit those tinycators or whatever they're called!
i politely advised him it wasnt either of those fittings which he promptly said he had no idea what kind of import i had!!

The bloody cheeky ahem anyway...

Iconic944ss 01-Nov-2006 09:05

http://www.powerbulbs.co.uk/

Osram Diadem PY21W

Stones 01-Nov-2006 09:27

Will get a piccie for you.... will be one on the project r website which I cant remember..... price..... If you pay the postage then there yours...... may as well go to someone who wants them as there only sitting in the cupboard! Oh you would be liable for 1 beer should you ever come across me! I got them as part of the front and rear set and didnt get round to fitting them. Will send you pic tomorrow.