Ducati Sporting Club UK

Ducati Sporting Club UK (/msgboard.php)
-   999 / 749 (/forumdisplay.php?f=84)
-   -   57mm exhaust upgrade kit. (/showthread.php?t=30805)

gossa 18-May-2006 16:13

57mm exhaust upgrade kit.

I've got an 05 999s and had the (supplied) Termi fitted but am considering the 57mm 2-1-2 upgrade kit.

It's not cheap so wanted to know if anyone has fitted one, did it make a worthwhile upgrade and was it easy to fit.

Cheers,

Clive

wilf 18-May-2006 22:04

Hi Clive, and welcome to the site!

The kit is pretty good value as the full systems have had a price hike this year and are now about £1800.

The upgrade kit is a bit tricky to fit as you have to convert the front part of your end can by drilling out the rivets and replacing the front bracket with one that takes the 57mm pipework. all the bits are provided but its not a simple bolt on part.

It is then a case of taking plenty of time to fit the rest of the pipework. you'll need to get a good duc dealer to reset the TPS and set the fueling correctly. the ECU that comes with it is not a 'plug in' item. sometimes they are spot on out of the box but nearly always need setting up correctly.

Performance gains are good though. you should see 3-4 bhp in the mid range and maybe 5-7 at the top. sharper throttle response and a cleaner drive on roll ons are the main bits.

and they look and sound MEGA!!!

good luck.

nathanhu 19-May-2006 15:02

1 Attachment(s)
Hi Clive,
Ive got a 999 with the kit fitted and it was a doddle to fit, I got a power increase of about 5 bhp but im expecting more with the power commander.
Price wise €1300 is the going rate in Germany so if Wilf is correct and the UK price is 1800 pounds then i would shop around, as that eqates to about €2650 :puzzled:

UKRR 19-May-2006 15:36

Think £1800 is for full exhaust.

Upgrade kit is circa £950 I think

gossa 19-May-2006 18:25

Hi Wilf, did I e-mail you a picture of the bike in track set up? Brands on Tuesday was absolutely fantastic, shredded the tyres but got 142 down the first straight which is way quicker than I used to get on the 748.

I'll probably be on the blower to get the kit ordered but just wanted some impartial feedback despite the fact that you've never given me duff advice or service.

Wilf have you got any pictures of the latest kit for my bike as i've seen some pictures of systems on here that look pretty fat around the bottom and i'm not sure I like the look.

Cheers

Clive

nathanhu 19-May-2006 18:36

you saying ive got a fat bottom...........:lol:

gossa 19-May-2006 18:49

probably not as fat as mine mate, i showed the guys who work with me a few piccies from the track day and they said i look like a 'chubby transformer' in my leathers! No where's that cabbage soup diet.......

wilf 19-May-2006 18:52

Hi Clive, sorry i'm being slower than normal!!! didn't sus who you were.

Craig has one of the kits in stock (if he hasn't sold it yet) so next time you're in i'll put it together for you to have a look at.

There are two types / styles of 57mm system, the early one didn't fit past one of the frame mounts so you either had to cut the frame mount off or (as termi suggested: put a dent in the pipe to miss it!)

The later type has wider, flatter (fatter) mid pipe that fits. i'll show you both types when your in. or give me a call and i'll email you some pics.

Glad brands was fun.

Got the pic of the bike, looks mega! thanks for the MR graphic on the belly pan too.

moto748 19-May-2006 20:16

I didn't know ther were bigger ones than 57 till I saw a 60 the other day!

Those 63 systems must be serious money, then! :o

gossa 20-May-2006 17:55

Hi wilf, if the kit involves that bulging piece under the swingarm then i really don't like the look. To be honest the only thing that is bugging me on my system is the black pipe which is pigging ugly and isn't that resistant to corrosion.

Any other options to consider?

Clive