Ducati Sporting Club UK

Ducati Sporting Club UK (/msgboard.php)
-   851 / 888 (/forumdisplay.php?f=99)
-   -   After the BMF show (/showthread.php?t=17940)

sparkin 24-May-2005 21:44

After the BMF show

After the high of the BMF show,looks like my season could be over:(:( I noticed a bit of vibration on the T8 when riding to the show on the friday,didn`t mention it to anyone and I forgot about it completely when they told us we`d won:)
The bike stalled when leaving Monday and vibrated quite severely most of the way home,numb hands all round.Taking it to Carl Harrison at the weekend for a more professional examanation,but I`m fearing the worst:(:(:sniff::sniff:

TP 24-May-2005 21:46

Noooooooooo!!!! You deserve better than that after all the work you've done!!

I hope it isn't as grim as it could be.

Good luck Graham!

Dukerob 24-May-2005 21:47

kn4ck3rs mate thats bad news, lets hope you've just flat spotted your tyre resting a beer can on it ! :smug:
hope its nothing more serious.........
Rob

sparkin 24-May-2005 21:53

Got a horrible feeling it`s the mains:sniff::sniff: Doesn`t seem down on power,could be something simple like a loose clutch or flywheel,but I`m being pessimistic, so if it is something simple I`ll be happy.

TP 24-May-2005 21:56

I'm sure it will be fine - take Dr TP's advice. Lay down on the couch in front of the TV - preferably in front of a MotoGP season review or something similar. Take several hundred beers orally and don't call me in the morning!

:D

sparkin 24-May-2005 22:00

Quote:

Originally posted by Dukerob
kn4ck3rs mate thats bad news, lets hope you've just flat spotted your tyre resting a beer can on it ! :smug:
hope its nothing more serious.........
Rob

Fast group you BANDIT!!!!!!!!

Dukerob 24-May-2005 22:44

bet its some sort of repetitive resonance from you keep uttering the word BANDIT !!!! :ninja::cool::bouncy::lol:

KeefyB 24-May-2005 23:38

Quote:

Originally posted by sparkin
The bike stalled when leaving Monday and vibrated quite severely most of the way home,numb hands all round.Taking it to Carl Harrison at the weekend for a more professional examanation,but I`m fearing the worst:(:(:sniff::sniff:
Aargh NO,NO,NO,NO!!!
Mate,what are the symptoms?Rumbling under load?Oil light coming on at tickover?If so,its the mains,I'm afraid.:(
Bad vibes can be loose engine mounts or knackered chain/clutch.
Keep us informed,fingers crossed for ya.

everton 25-May-2005 00:27

Graham, **** thats not good news.

I'm sure it'll be fine, at least hopefully not too expensive!!

sparkin 25-May-2005 13:52

No oil light on chaps,not even when it`s struggling to tick over when it`s cold below 1000rpm.Checked engine mounts and they seem ok.The chain is new so it`s not that.I`m hoping clutch,I`ve done 8000miles on it and haven`t touched the clutch.I know it`s an alloy(998)one and it was fitted a year before I bought the bike,so it`s probably got 10000+miles on it.Can`t hear no abnormal noises/rumbles/whines etc,but you can`t hear yourself think when it`s running anyhow:o Really quietens down when you pull the clutch in thou.It vibrates more than normal antway cos` the pipes are not rubber mounted:o:o

Wheelspin is taking it to Carls tomorrow with his,but he`s snowed under at the mo'

just have to wait and see:(