Ducati Sporting Club UK

Ducati Sporting Club UK (/msgboard.php)
-   DesmoDue Series Information (/forumdisplay.php?f=207)
-   -   Desmo Due 2015 (/showthread.php?t=349475)

skidlids 06-Sep-2014 22:02

Desmo Due 2015

Talks for the 2015 season are well underway with Hottrax who would like to host the series again next season
The format has been discussed and it is very likely we will stick with the same format as we had this year with 3 races over the weekend along with qualifying and Sunday warm-up.
I am told there will only be a small rise in costs over this seasons entry fees.

With regard to wet races, we have talked about races that start on a wet track getting reduced by 20% rounded up.
So a 15 lap race becomes a 12 lap race where as a 12 lap race would become a 10 lap race. This would be a guide so that we all no what to expect.

Trumpet 07-Sep-2014 08:53

Hi Kev, Just a couple of questions re next year.
So presumably that is just as you said 'races that start on a wet track'. Not races that are just declared 'wet'.
As much as I don't want to stir things up again, as far as you are concerned are the DD technical format the same as 2014? especially the Tyres / wets issue (I am aware that the actual tyres we currently use will change).

skidlids 07-Sep-2014 21:59

Quote:

Originally Posted by Trumpet
as far as you are concerned are the DD technical format the same as 2014? especially the Tyres / wets issue (I am aware that the actual tyres we currently use will change).

Mark I can never commit to that this early as there is always the window for changes to be proposed by the registered entrants post final meeting of the year
I also need confirmation on the availability of the proposed new tyre from Dunlop

Spjallen 12-Oct-2014 09:44

Any insider information on tracks and dates for 2015?

skidlids 12-Oct-2014 17:27

Quote:

Originally Posted by Spjallen
Any insider information on tracks and dates for 2015?

Not yet, but I suspect mainly English tracks with the odd foreign one or two, most likely in Wales and Scotland :p:

Trumpet 13-Oct-2014 00:16

As per recent vote, Scotland is not a foreign country. Our United Kingdom........we now all one big happy family!??
Free University fees, no prescription charges, etc....all fair and equal!

Too Old Too Slow Two Kids 22-Oct-2014 09:06

Quote:

Originally Posted by Trumpet
As per recent vote, Scotland is not a foreign country. Our United Kingdom........we now all one big happy family!??
Free University fees, no prescription charges, etc....all fair and equal!

i need to keep up just collected 2 new sets of Dunlop Qualifiers for next season! :(

851jim 23-Oct-2014 20:58

I hope we will be able to use this years tyres at the start of next season?

skidlids 23-Oct-2014 21:23

Quote:

Originally Posted by 851jim
I hope we will be able to use this years tyres at the start of next season?

Only if we remain on Dunlops for 2015 if someone like Bridgestone came in to back us then we cant have Dunlops on the grid

mat2hew 28-Oct-2014 13:08

Quote:

Originally Posted by skidlids
Only if we remain on Dunlops for 2015 if someone like Bridgestone came in to back us then we cant have Dunlops on the grid

Doh!