Ducati Sporting Club UK

Ducati Sporting Club UK (/msgboard.php)
-   999 / 749 (/forumdisplay.php?f=84)
-   -   Assymetric Termis on a 749 or 749S? Worth it? (/showthread.php?t=18951)

Twinfan 22-Jun-2005 10:45

Assymetric Termis on a 749 or 749S? Worth it?

Is anyone running the Termi assymetric system on their 749 or 749S? My mates Dad has a 749S and is thinking of getting the "cheap" Termi system for his bike. He's mainly looking to release the traditional Desmo rumble and isn't so bothered about a huge power increase.

Is it worth getting the assymetric system, and therefore keeping his warranty intact? Or is it too much cash for too little gain?

Opinions please :D

TF

jobr 22-Jun-2005 11:35

Had them put on my 749S at first service.

looks better, runs better, sounds an awful lot better.

yellowisfriedegg 22-Jun-2005 11:41

what's it got to do with warranty ?

but yes , the bike will sound better , probably run better too and be about 5kg lighter , all of which is good :roll:

Twinfan 22-Jun-2005 11:47

Warranty is intact compared to fitting a Akrapovic or Leo Vinci etc if you fit Termis. His bike is pretty new, so warranty is important.

Quote:

the bike will sound better , probably run better too and be about 5kg lighter , all of which is good

Worth a grand though?

JPM 22-Jun-2005 11:54

Why would it affect warranty though? JHP/Ducati Coventry sell Leo Vinci systems, so I'm guessing if they sell you one/fit one it would be covered being an authorised Ducati Dealer?

Twinfan 22-Jun-2005 11:58

Depends how picky the dealer/Ducati are if a problem arises I guess. In theory, if you had engine problems they could say the exhaust was to blame (making run lean or something). I guess he's just being cautious.

JPM 22-Jun-2005 12:02

Not if an authorised Ducati Dealer fitted it and set the fueling up to suit though

Twinfan 22-Jun-2005 12:03

Fair point I guess!

So what's the verdict on the assymetric kit or any other slip-on/half system? Worth the bother?

JPM 22-Jun-2005 12:12

If he wants noise go for the leo vinci, if he can stretch that far, far better build quality too, in fact I can't really think of any reason to go Termi's other than the inherent association with Ducati

Wylie1 22-Jun-2005 13:48

I think it comes down to how much cash you've got (or are prepared to spend?) to throw at your bike/ biking & what floats your boat.

If you can afford all the bolt-on bits you want for your bike + still do all the other bike stuff like trackdays, trips abroad, etc that you want, then a can (LV or Termi) is worth buying.

If it's one or the other, then you can have a lot of fun with the £900-£1200 the can is going to cost. IMHO, it's a lot to spend if you just want some extra noise. However, if you get your biking enjoyment from bolt-ons/ general ownership, want the extra noise & aren't interested in trackdays, etc then a can is money well spent as it will sound much better than the stock can.

I've got the Termi, but I've had LV can's before. Their build quality is fantastic & far better than the Termi (but you're paying extra for it).

Personally, if I had to choose how to spend £900-£1200, I'd keep the standard can & go to the Nurburgring for a long weekend + do 4-6 trackdays.