Ducati Sporting Club UK

Ducati Sporting Club UK (/msgboard.php)
-   Idle Chat (/forumdisplay.php?f=102)
-   -   Croft Government Reply (/showthread.php?t=79878)

WeeJohnyB 26-Jun-2009 14:12

Croft Government Reply

I signed the petition that went to No 10. This is the reply

Read the Government’s response

The Government recognises that motor sports are enjoyed by a great number of people across the country and does not seek to curtail that enjoyment if a site operator operates within the planning conditions.
However, if the Local Authority finds that a nuisance interferes with a person’s reasonable use of their property or is prejudicial to their health the operator can be told under the Environmental Protection Act (EPA) 1990 to abate a reported nuisance.
Under section 79(1)(g) of the EPA 1990, local authorities have a duty to take reasonably practicable steps to investigate complaints of ‘noise emitted from premises so as to be prejudicial to health or a nuisance’. If satisfied that a statutory nuisance exists or is about to occur or recur, the local authority must serve an abatement notice under section 80 requiring that the nuisance is abated or restricted to prevent its occurrence or recurrence.

WHAT UTTER COP OUT AS USUAL

WeejohnyB

900SL Pete 26-Jun-2009 14:32

This is why we should vote suitable people into the MEP roles for the european parliament.

But I didn't vote. Because they don't discuss the burning issues before the elections.

paynep 26-Jun-2009 16:23

Having read the background it was all a crock of sh*te where venal individuals ignored the effects on others of their own muckraking and vindictive agendas.

Or was that the politicians?

Ray 26-Jun-2009 16:50

It does seem strange that in some situations the authorities spend a lot of time trying to establish a motive, but in others don't even consider the motives involved.

Ray.

hawkati 30-Jun-2009 14:36

as i understand it, the one of the family living in the house near the circuit had a job working at the circuit, and the complaints about noise stated after he left/was pushed - sour grapes methinks. There's a huge comparism with music venues, where one individual or a few spoil the pleasure of thousands. The circuit was there well before the residents, so they absolutely without doubt would have known the level of noise before they moved in.
There's a metal scrapyard (hidden behind trees) a few hundred yards away from where i live, but it was established in 1903, and to honest, i barely notice it these days.

Ray 01-Jul-2009 00:02

One of the family living near to the circuit was married to one of the circuit co owners. Croft circuit got caught up in a post divorce bun fight.

Ray.