Ducati Sporting Club UK

Ducati Sporting Club UK (/msgboard.php)
-   Race (/forumdisplay.php?f=78)
-   -   BSB Wash Out (/showthread.php?t=30930)

chris.p 21-May-2006 14:51

BSB Wash Out

Looking forward to BSB at Mondello, rained off:(:(, safety first at all times I guess, the track looked more like a lake.

Chris.:burn:

rockhopper 21-May-2006 15:10

That accounts for the musical i managed to tape instead of the race then!

Felix 21-May-2006 17:11

Can you make sure you put spoiler in the title next time, Chris? :lol:

Same here, I thought I missed it due some programming change.

chris.p 21-May-2006 18:12

Quote:

Originally posted by Felix
Can you make sure you put spoiler in the title next time, Chris? :lol:

Same here, I thought I missed it due some programming change.

Felix,
Had I put "Spoiler" on it you would not have read it and could still be sat there waiting for the first race:lol:

Chris.:burn:

Felix 21-May-2006 18:31

Yup, you're dead right.:lol:

keefer 21-May-2006 18:32

what happens to the pore buggers that paid to go and watch ?
do they get some money back

Felix 21-May-2006 19:13

As reported on crash.net:
The MD of Mondello Park, John Morris commented, "We are badly disappointed for the riders, teams and the fans who made the trip out to Ireland this weekend. Together with the MCRCB and EMS we tried our best to clear the track of standing water but to no avail. We tried our best efforts to put on a show but unfortunately we could not control the weather. I would like to urge fans to keep hold of their tickets so that hopefully we may be able to offer some form of discount should they wish to return next year."

How about Guido who hopefully kept his gear well out of water's way?

Sharpy G 21-May-2006 19:50

boo hoo

worked flat all morning in the peeing rain to get my old fence in the back garden down, get a shower and sit down in time to watch............................................. ...............
some old musical ???!!!

:(:(:(:(:(

still, after seeing the conditions, I don't blame 'em, Shakey was funny tho' eh !:lol:

weeksy2 22-May-2006 07:59

Well i was gutted... i had a few £££ on Johnny Rae at 33/1 !!!!!

Also.... Hegarty was 2nd in wet practice in the rain in Superstock.

However... i had a Fiver on Melandri at 8-1 :)

Guido 22-May-2006 11:30

Hi Folks,

Just got out of bed. Got back home from Mondello at 1am this morning..

Yesterday was indeed a complete washout.... I went out for the morning SBK warmup with my gear wrapped in 2 layers of Hambleton District Council bin bags and a layer of Gortex over myself fromhead to foot and I still got water coming through my clothing..... Thankfully the gear seems ok...

In that 15 minute warmup session several riders went down...James Haydon on Lap 1, Shakey, Leon Haslam no name but a few....

When that calibre of riders hit the deck in warmup you know its bad.. The Rizla team whom I'm based with said there was just no heat getting into the wet tyres....

After I went back to the garage at the end of that session the rain just got worse and worse. I think it was a foregone conclusion that the event would be cancelled but when there's that much at stake you can't blame to organisers for hanging on for a few hours to make the final decision.

Fair play to the riders who still came out for the 'olive-branch' pit-walk to meet the semi-disgruntled fans.