Ducati Sporting Club UK

Ducati Sporting Club UK (/msgboard.php)
-   Supersports: SS / SuperSport / Supersport 950 (/forumdisplay.php?f=88)
-   -   just saying hi (/showthread.php?t=12331)

monstermob 998 10-Dec-2004 20:44

just saying hi

hi am new to the site well impressed with the forum- the membership name is a bit misleading i dont ride a 998 (we all have our dreams)i have recently got back into bikes in the way off picking up a decent priced 600ss- and NO all you potential desmo due racers it aint for sale(yet) so if you see a very carefully ridden red (they are better!)SS give us a wave i hope to catch up with some of you at a few meets when the weather and time permits - am in north hampshire so i see-and hear! a lot of dukes in the area- i am interested in the desmo series of races maybe next year but need to build up a bit of confidence on the bike (its been a few years)but i have a bit of a teccy question- anyone seen the fork adjuster set for non-adjustable forks in the ducati performance catalogue?it says they are for a 750ss would they fit my 97 600ss or would i be better off waiting for some adjustable showas to come along?and at sometime i would like to fit out the bike with some steel braided hoses - can anyone reccomend a make or supplier?thanks in anticipation

Redsps 10-Dec-2004 20:59

Welcome aboard mate.
hope to see you out and about .

cheers
robin

fatduke11111 10-Dec-2004 22:06

Good luck...have fun....

Glyn 10-Dec-2004 23:07

hi:burn:

madmav 10-Dec-2004 23:10

Welcome and mine is a vodka and red bull!! and yes i am MAD :lol::lol:
all the best mate.........mav

Iconic944ss 10-Dec-2004 23:12

Welcome to the mad house :lol:

I think the 600 are totally non-adjustable from my naff memory (meaning neither preload or rebound damping adjustment) - if thats the case I think you'd be better off going to the likes of K-Tech / Maxton and getting the forks rebuilt for your weight and riding style.

Braided hoses from Goodridge or any well known brand are going to be good really - a change of master cylinder might be worthwhile too, especially if you are running two discs.

Good luck - Frank

Username 11-Dec-2004 00:35

Hello and welcome

I'm no expert on the forks, but my book of words (Ducati Belt Drive Two-Valve Twins Restoration and Modification) says that the 600SS has 40mm dia Marzocchis and the 750SS has 41mm Showas.
One thing I do know is that I've ordered a set of stainless hoses from Earls (http://www.earls.co.uk). I heard they are OK and at £70 for a complete set of Front, Rear and Clutch with all fittings it seemed like a good deal.

ATB - Charles

KeefyB 11-Dec-2004 06:40

Quote:

Originally posted by Username
I'm no expert on the forks, but my book of words (Ducati Belt Drive Two-Valve Twins Restoration and Modification) says that the 600SS has 40mm dia Marzocchis and the 750SS has 41mm Showas.

Correct!
The 600SS came with the same Marzocchis as the M600/750.
Best invest in some oil seals then.;)

monstermob 998 11-Dec-2004 08:01

forks and hoses

wow- thats was quick- some good info comeback in less than a day- looks like i'll be buying a few drinks!!!i'll check out the hoses at earls - seems like a good buy to me-- as for the forks i intend only to run the single disc as my riding style doesnt really warrant the twin disc set up- the single disc seems adequate for my riding style at the moment- i only thought of having adjustable front end cos the first couple of rides on the bike over a bumpy road at speed the forks bottomed out on me but seem fine when cornering etc they also havent bottomed out on braking yet - may be im not riding hard enough!! cheers Dave -oh and they oil seals are fine!!

TP 11-Dec-2004 10:32

Welcome to the club - I'll have machiatto.

You know you want to do the Desmo Due - get your entry in.