Ducati Sporting Club UK

Ducati Sporting Club UK (/msgboard.php)
-   Race (/forumdisplay.php?f=78)
-   -   AMA Road America 1st Race Results (/showthread.php?t=18305)

ziggi 04-Jun-2005 23:59

AMA Road America 1st Race Results

Well done Neil Hodgson on his first AMA superbike win. :sing:

Mat Mladin 2nd
Josh Hayes 3rd

Wet race with lots of incidents and red flagged.

ziggi 05-Jun-2005 00:05

What couldn;t you read the title then - or was that too difficult

ziggi 05-Jun-2005 00:12

sorry mate I just thought you might have been one of those t wats :D

GsxrAge 05-Jun-2005 01:02

well done hodgy

doogalman 05-Jun-2005 18:19

Top Man.
Now can't wait for the race's tonight.

Doogalman

domski 06-Jun-2005 02:00

I thought it was funny how Spies fell off and Mladin pitted and came out in 8th place before the red flags, but then they took it back an extra lap to give Mladin 2nd place back and Spies 4th? I think.

I was under the impression that if you fell off, then you don't score points... even if it's on the lap when the red flags come out.

[Edited on 6-6-2005 by domskidue]

Henners 06-Jun-2005 08:29

Well done Hodgy

... the only man in the modern era to win races in BSB, WSB and AMA. All in all not a bad wekend for Ducati with Lavilla and Easton also winning and Capirossi getting 3rd :D

Brogins 06-Jun-2005 22:13

Grande Hodgson!!..
Well guys..who better than a British to win in a totally wet race?? actually to say wet doesn't give you the right idea..it was a race on a lake!!
On TV, when they stopped the race, you couldn't even see the riders!!

Nevertheless..Hodgy was GREAT..and surely he has big COGLIONI (balls) to ride fast and win in that conditions!!

TP 06-Jun-2005 22:19

Quote:

Originally posted by Brogins
Nevertheless..Hodgy was GREAT..and surely he has big COGLIONI (balls) to ride fast and win in that conditions!!

Maybe they needed to do the grab you showed me in the paddock on Sat - to ward off the rain!

Brogins 09-Jun-2005 23:24

Ahahahah..Yes TP.. he probably did!!
Well.. I don't know if you have seen MotoGP last sunday in Mugello on Eurosport..
At the begin of the race..when the riders where waiting to start surrounded by grid girls with umbrellas..one famous Italian actress was wondering between the riders (a blonde one) ..kissing riders on the cheek and giving the riders..the good luck!! before a race, for an italian, someone that give you the good luck make you really NERVOUS.. especially if you are supersticious..never say good luck prior a race..
Well, against the bad luck, when someone tell you good luck prior a race..you have to do the "grab" !! and that's what Marco Melandri did immediately after she wispered in his ears!! He didn't mind to be broadcasted worldwide!! .. these Italians eh!