Ducati Sporting Club UK

Ducati Sporting Club UK (/msgboard.php)
-   Supersports: SS / SuperSport / Supersport 950 (/forumdisplay.php?f=88)
-   -   Bigger rear sprocket??? PHWOAR! (/showthread.php?t=16613)

kwikbitch 19-Apr-2005 23:23

Bigger rear sprocket??? PHWOAR!

Just to let you all know....Nelly fitted me a new 43 tooth rear sprocket and new chain today.....
:D:D:D:D:D:D:D:D:D:D:D:D:D:D:D:D:D:D:D:D:D:D:D:D:D :D:D:D

Feels like a new bike!.............
:roll::bouncy::roll::bouncy::roll::bouncy::roll::b ouncy::roll::bouncy::roll::bouncy::roll::bouncy::b ouncy::roll:

Fankyou Nelly for dropping all spanners this after when I turned up 4 hours early and sorting the chain before my "important meeting" that I was an hour late for:D

nelly 19-Apr-2005 23:28

PHWOAR........................??????

so all the explaining what a bigger rear sprocket does, why it does it and what it'd make the bike feel like, comes down to "PHWOAR......that's great" :(

now then................when's the 14T front going on then ;):devil:

andys 900ss 19-Apr-2005 23:32

Thats the one Nelly,

You gotta try it with the 14t front too Lisa, it really boosts torque and power wheelies are in order !!! Just one thought thou', you may need the shorter 96t chain to even things out, which shortens the bike making turn in better too.

Andy

Iconic944ss 19-Apr-2005 23:33

Hee Hee - easiest upgrade EVER isnt it !!!!!!!!!!

New head bearings anyone ???

Enjoy - Frank

Redruth 19-Apr-2005 23:33

Quote:

Originally posted by nelly
PHWOAR........................??????

so all the explaining what a bigger rear sprocket does, why it does it and what it'd make the bike feel like, comes down to "PHWOAR......that's great" :(

now then................when's the 14T front going on then ;):devil:

As usual, Lisa, you've hit the nail on the head. Perfect description of how it feels to ride the bike with that big rear sprocket. Mine's a 42 but 1 tooth is only an additional 100 revs ... or something ... according to Shazaam!. I definitely prefer the effect of that having switched from 36 just before Easter. That Phwoar is on a par with seeing Chillo with his shirt off... Doesn't get much better. ;);)

PS You're looking very bouncy ce soir x

kwikbitch 19-Apr-2005 23:50

BLOODY BLOODY BLOODY...FLIPPIN...
FANTASTIC:D:D:D:D:D:D:D:D:D:D:D:D:D:D:D:D:D:D:D:D:D:D:D:D:D

andys 900ss 19-Apr-2005 23:52

Isnt it amazing Lisa, you alter something so trivial & it really tranforms your bike.

Really pleased it worked for you.

Andy

antonye 20-Apr-2005 11:03

You should try 14 / 45 :D

fremoy 20-Apr-2005 12:25

what does it all mean basil

So what is the + (apart from a bigger smile on a KwikBitch) of changing the rear sprocket??

ta
Mark.

Jools 20-Apr-2005 12:29

So size is important then :(

Oh... and Ruth...take a cold shower :frog: