Ducati Sporting Club UK

Ducati Sporting Club UK (/msgboard.php)
-   DesmoDue - General Questions and Chat (/forumdisplay.php?f=107)
-   -   Tyre wear (/showthread.php?t=176815)

coppersaucepipe 23-Jan-2013 13:30

Tyre wear

How well do these H rated qualifiers last on trackdays? I can normally get 4 days plus road miles from a set of sport smarts on my YZF, will I get 4 days out of a new set of qualifiers at Cartegena?

Ta

Steve

dunlop0_1 23-Jan-2013 14:30

Depends on how you ride. I used a new set for every race meeting but some have done a full year on one set. You will deffo get one front for two if not three rears. The level of grip is outstandng all things considered. :D

One front and two rears for your 4 day's IMO (providing it doesn't rain)

Ghost 23-Jan-2013 17:29

Quote:

Originally Posted by dunlop0_1
Depends on how you ride. I used a new set for every race meeting but some have done a full year on one set. You will deffo get one front for two if not three rears. The level of grip is outstandng all things considered. :D

One front and two rears for your 4 day's IMO (providing it doesn't rain)

Your joking who on earth would be that much of a tight arse. :eek:

chris.p 23-Jan-2013 18:02

Quote:

Originally Posted by Ghost
Your joking who on earth would be that much of a tight arse. :eek:

Skids ;)

Chris:burn:

skidlids 23-Jan-2013 18:19

Quote:

Originally Posted by chris.p
Skids ;)

Chris:burn:

Cheek

Last year it was 4 sets, so a set every other meeting and they still had enough lie in them to sell on as scrubs for £40 a set.

I maybe mistaken but I think Ghostie may have done a whole season in Class B with one set of tyres

Cranker V2 23-Jan-2013 19:19

One set will do you for cartagena.

Ghost 23-Jan-2013 19:22

Quote:

Originally Posted by skidlids
Cheek

Last year it was 4 sets, so a set every other meeting and they still had enough lie in them to sell on as scrubs for £40 a set.

I maybe mistaken but I think Ghostie may have done a whole season in Class B with one set of tyres

Lol I cannot tell a lie, twas I me Judge, still got a second place at Cadwell at end of season as well on them.

dunlop0_1 23-Jan-2013 19:41

Quote:

Originally Posted by Cranker V2
One set will do you for cartagena.

Light weight. ;)

dunlop0_1 23-Jan-2013 19:43

Quote:

Originally Posted by Ghost
Lol I cannot tell a lie, twas I me Judge, still got a second place at Cadwell at end of season as well on them.

bet your using the belts off the 583 aswell. :lol:

bally71 23-Jan-2013 19:48

i did three meetings plus test days .. and i'll be starting the new season on the same set