Ducati Sporting Club UK

Ducati Sporting Club UK (/msgboard.php)
-   Rideouts, Meets and other Events (/forumdisplay.php?f=75)
-   -   Oxon/Berks May 2012 Rideout Sunday 6th (/showthread.php?t=102998)

skidlids 03-May-2012 21:05

Oxon/Berks May 2012 Rideout Sunday 6th

Right I have been in communication with Rob (aka Slob) of the UK Monsters owners club and he is happy for us to drop by on Sunday as they have their annual weekender.
Ideally we want to be there after lunch as the Monsters are assembled in to their different groups to be judged for there prize giving. So it will be a good chance to see all the different mods done to the bikes.

I have yet to work out the best route to get there as I know many of the roads are in the process of getting a new layer of Stone chippings.

The venue is Arrow Mill at Alcester is North west of Oxford across the county boirder in Warwickshire, Its not to far from my Cotswolds rideout route especially the one from last year where we ended up hammering up Fish Hill ( I think Roy enjoyed that)

meeting up in Newbury is one option, then riding over to Wantage, on to Faringdon where we can stop for petrol again, continue to Lechlade then on to Burford and head over to Stow, possiblt stopping for a break at the little cafe that helps repair clutches.
From Stow its hard to say which way to go as the road to Toddington has been closed on a couple of occasions over the last few weeks due to said chippings., but there is an alternative that will have us coming down Fish Hill and onto the A46 to skirt around Evesham and on to Arrow Mill

another option would be to meet at H-Cafe and head across country to Chipping Norton and then over to Evesham and on to the Mill

All of which would be dependent on the what the weather is doing.

Thoughs please

skidlids 04-May-2012 08:31

Right to tie in with the Hants group we will be meeting at Maccy D's in Newbury at 10:30

Dukeman358 04-May-2012 16:20

Hope to be there but can't confirm just yet;)

007 04-May-2012 20:53

Quote:

Originally Posted by skidlids
Right to tie in with the Hants group we will be meeting at Maccy D's in Newbury at 10:30

Hello Kev, looking forward to it, MacD's Newbury at 10:20am it is.

Best regards,

James

skidlids 05-May-2012 20:02

1 Attachment(s)
A rough guide

Dementor 05-May-2012 21:12

Quote:

A rough guide

Looks good....................I'll follow you Kev ;)

skidlids 06-May-2012 18:32

2 Attachment(s)
Good to see everybody today, pretty much went as planned

Couple of pics from the rest stop

Gbyte666 06-May-2012 19:07

Hope everyone had a good ride today. Sorry I did not make it, did'nt wake up in time again and it turns out lucky as its my Mums birthday today which I forgot. So time to shoot out & get somthing and pop over. Phew.
Kev is that place where we stopped before, an old farm / cafe now?

Craig

007 06-May-2012 19:42

Quote:

Good to see everybody today, pretty much went as planned

Couple of pics from the rest stop

Hello Kev,

Sorry I missed the ride-out today, but I'm loaded with cold and thought it best to rest up.

See you at the H tomorrow.

Best regards,

James

Dementor 06-May-2012 20:01

Big thanks to Kev (Skidlids) for a great ride on some brilliant roads with excellent company.........and no rain, in fact quite a bit of Blue Sky and Sunshine 225 Miles Phew!

Newbury Start

Cotswold break

The UKMOC weekender