Ducati Sporting Club UK

Ducati Sporting Club UK (/msgboard.php)
-   DesmoDue - General Questions and Chat (/forumdisplay.php?f=107)
-   -   Wiring Loom - Ditch it, hack it, or keep it? (/showthread.php?t=13094)

ali 11-Jan-2005 18:28

Wiring Loom - Ditch it, hack it, or keep it?

Evenin' all.

Been running through a few of the more obvious mods necessary for prepping the SS and wondering what to do with the wiring loom. Seems like the vast majority of the loom will be surplus to requirements, but I wouldn't mind keeping it in case the bike ever goes back on the roads ( :lol::lol::lol: ).

Ditch it and start from scratch, hack it to pieces, or zip-tie it and hide it????:puzzled:

Cheers,

Ali

Jools 11-Jan-2005 18:48

If it ain't broke...

Seems a lot of trouble to go to when the only advantage would be to lose a couple of pounds.

ali 11-Jan-2005 20:09

Quote:

Originally posted by Jools
Seems a lot of trouble to go to when the only advantage would be to lose a couple of pounds.

Not really interested in the weight (although it's always a bonus), more for fault finding when something goes t1ts up... I know that if nothing's connected then it shouldn't have an effect, but logic seems to go out the window when it comes to italian electrics!

FiscusFish 11-Jan-2005 21:18

Just don't fit an alarm to it mate...:frog:

Darren

ali 11-Jan-2005 21:21

Quote:

Originally posted by FiscusFish
Just don't fit an alarm to it mate...:frog:

Darren

:lol::lol::lol: How we laughed as I cut through the nest of wires...... :D

Rattler 11-Jan-2005 21:24

zip-tye and hide I reckon - cause you never know!!!:puzzled::puzzled:

skidlids 12-Jan-2005 14:35

Depends how you see the future for your bike, I would like to keep mine road legal which also means I could enter it in the Streetstocks class with other clubs. Also I may look at returning to road use for re-SALE