Ducati Sporting Club UK

Ducati Sporting Club UK (/msgboard.php)
-   DesmoDue - General Questions and Chat (/forumdisplay.php?f=107)
-   -   Taking the rough with the smooth at Oulton (/showthread.php?t=119654)

Si1208 17-Jun-2012 16:32

Taking the rough with the smooth at Oulton

What a day at the races! The satisfaction of my first ever trophy in Race 1 (after an excellent scrap with Tom) was quickly dashed by throwing it away at Cascades in race 2. :(

The medical centre said I had a partial dislocation of the left shoulder, but x-rays today show it to be in place...but with torn ligaments. They say it will take several months to heal...but not if I have any say in it!

Big thanks to Miles for helping pack up the van, and to Stuart for driving me as far as Northampton. It made the rest of the journey tolerable - not much gear-changing needed on the motorway.

At first glance, the bike damage is not serious and I should be able to get it all sorted easily as soon as I have some strength back in my shoulder. For now, everything will just have to sit in the van and wait.

I know I wasn't the only faller - I hope everyone else is ok

Hopefully I will see you all at (a dry and sunny) Cadwell! :D

Ghost 17-Jun-2012 16:46

Quote:

Originally Posted by Si1208
What a day at the races! The satisfaction of my first ever trophy in Race 1 (after an excellent scrap with Tom) was quickly dashed by throwing it away at Cascades in race 2. :(

The medical centre said I had a partial dislocation of the left shoulder, but x-rays today show it to be in place...but with torn ligaments. They say it will take several months to heal...but not if I have any say in it!

Big thanks to Miles for helping pack up the van, and to Stuart for driving me as far as Northampton. It made the rest of the journey tolerable - not much gear-changing needed on the motorway.

At first glance, the bike damage is not serious and I should be able to get it all sorted easily as soon as I have some strength back in my shoulder. For now, everything will just have to sit in the van and wait.

I know I wasn't the only faller - I hope everyone else is ok

Hopefully I will see you all at (a dry and sunny) Cadwell! :D

Well done Simon, that bike was always (nearly) on the floor with its previous owner. :D :o

bradders 17-Jun-2012 16:51

Bummer! I called it with you in third as well....

If it helps I had a postural or whatever dislocation and was out 2 months or so with physio before I could ride a bike and b able to move around. But I couldn't lift it for a week or it would come out again so yo are way ahead of th if you can drive :)

Si1208 17-Jun-2012 16:56

Quote:

Originally Posted by Ghost
Well done Simon, that bike was always (nearly) on the floor with its previous owner. :D :o

That's why Neal claims to have given up racing...but do we believe him? :rolleyes:

Si1208 17-Jun-2012 16:58

Quote:

Originally Posted by bradders
Bummer! I called it with you in third as well....

If it helps I had a postural or whatever dislocation and was out 2 months or so with physio before I could ride a bike and b able to move around. But I couldn't lift it for a week or it would come out again so yo are way ahead of th if you can drive :)

Wonderful stuff, Co-codamol ;)

Cranker V2 17-Jun-2012 20:42

Quote:

I;m an expert on anterior dislocations............I can ridehalf an hour after a dislocation. I expect you will have tough month before you can swing a leg over the bike in anger.

Take it easy and rest it for a while...

bally71 17-Jun-2012 21:11

Quote:

especially if you knock them back with a couple of whiskys lol

bradders 17-Jun-2012 21:37

I'm currently swilling my pills down with a glass of red

skidlids 17-Jun-2012 22:42

Quote:

Originally Posted by bradders
I'm currently swilling my pills down with a glass of red

Is that those little Blue pills Ghostie was on about the other day :o

Ghost 17-Jun-2012 22:59

Quote:

Originally Posted by skidlids
Is that those little Blue pills Ghostie was on about the other day :o

LOL, If a light sleeper sleeps with the light on, does a heavy sleeper sleep with a hard on?? :o