Ducati Sporting Club UK

Ducati Sporting Club UK (/msgboard.php)
-   DSC & Ducati Events (/forumdisplay.php?f=73)
-   -   Ducati UK Silverstone Weekend - 21 & 22 May 2011 (/showthread.php?t=83601)

antonye 21-Dec-2010 14:43

Ducati UK Silverstone Weekend - 21 & 22 May 2011

Just had confirmation of the dates for the Ducati UK Silverstone weekend as 21st & 22nd May 2011.

Ticket prices will be release in the New Year and available from the dealer network on a first-come first-served basis.

More details to follow as we are told.

chris.p 21-Dec-2010 16:03

Best I get them pre booked at Italia then :D

Chris:burn:

Monty 22-Dec-2010 11:47

Quote:

Originally Posted by chris.p
Best I get them pre booked at Italia then :D

Booked-with JHP

John :devil:

Ray 23-Dec-2010 10:12

No bookings via affiliated clubs then?

One of the reasons for joining an affiliated club is to get a route into stuff like this. Owners of older bikes, i.e. non current models often don't go near an official dealer from one year to the next.

Yes I know there's nowt to stop anyone booking via a dealer but DUK must be pretty confident of filling this without making use of the clubs network.

Ray.

ChrisBushell 23-Dec-2010 10:21

Well I just booked Ben & myself on through Pro Twins this morning. It looks like there are only about 30 places per dealer going to be on offer - so get in quick.

Chris

ChrisBushell 23-Dec-2010 10:23

Quote:

Originally Posted by Ray
No bookings via affiliated clubs then?

One of the reasons for joining an affiliated club is to get a route into stuff like this. Owners of older bikes, i.e. non current models often don't go near an official dealer from one year to the next.

Yes I know there's nowt to stop anyone booking via a dealer but DUK must be pretty confident of filling this without making use of the clubs network.

Ray.

Ray,

Per my post above with 3 x 70 places on the GP circuit that is not a lot when you look at the number of dealers. It is important the Clubs tell their members and they get booked in ASAP through their local dealer.

Mine has started a 1st come 1st served list pending the confirmation of the cost.

Jasper 23-Dec-2010 20:08

Will try and book tomorrow,BUT surely affiliated clubs should have had the priority before non members? Here would be another reason for joining a club.:confused:

chris.p 23-Dec-2010 23:17

Places booked with Italia in Lincoln.

Unfortunatly, I think DUK's loyalty lie's with the dealers rather than the clubs, they are afterall commercial partners.

antonye 24-Dec-2010 10:18

Quote:

Originally Posted by chris.p
Unfortunatly, I think DUK's loyalty lie's with the dealers rather than the clubs, they are afterall commercial partners.

It is a DUK event and places are sold through the dealers.

There WILL be extras for club members though!

skidlids 24-Dec-2010 13:34

Can't see me booking this as already planning a couple of outings for the 998R on the Silverstone Arena circuit with a few Non Ducati owning mates.
Although that doesn't mean I'm not going to be there, a lot will depend on what i'm doing in the way of work at the time