Ducati Sporting Club UK

Ducati Sporting Club UK (/msgboard.php)
-   Trackdays & Race Schools (/forumdisplay.php?f=77)
-   -   Discounted Ramps for ACU license holders (/showthread.php?t=14409)

Mr_S 19-Feb-2005 22:50

Discounted Ramps for ACU license holders

For those of you with an ACU license, you can get a discount from RampsDirect (20% IIRC) for sticking a sticker on your fairing.

http://www.rampsdirect.co.uk/

I happened to be in MotoRapido today (who run RampsDirect) and "overheard" this offer. So if you've got a license and you're looking for a ramp, give them a call and mention it's for racing :)

I know Weeksy's got one of these ramps, not sure about anyone else on here though.

NBs996 19-Feb-2005 23:16

i got one last year, they're top quality.

AK 20-Feb-2005 10:54

Got a folding one yesterday from our very own Tyreman:D

not quite as top spec as these, but certainly do the job (used it yesterday).
Tyreman is selling these at a very (very) good price to DSC members.

Alan:)

Old Yella 21-Feb-2005 00:28

Price is????

chicken 21-Feb-2005 07:30

Quote:

Originally posted by weeksy

However i can now load bike in van single handedly which is GREAT :)

If the ramps also let you UNLOAD the van single-handedly then TP's gonna mither me to get a couple of these :lol:

AK 21-Feb-2005 09:31

Tyremans ones are well under £100 - and Al was well chuffed he could do bike on his own:cool:

C

Felix 21-Feb-2005 11:05

Try these guys: £70. Not used them myself but came recommended from fellow racers.

Rally 21-Feb-2005 13:14

Quote:

Originally posted by weeksy
However i can now load bike in van single handedly which is GREAT :)

How do you do that? Are you managing to push it up or ride it up?

Rally 21-Feb-2005 14:23

Ok... but what happens when you get to the back of the van? Are you walking up the ramp or do you leap up and into the back?

TP 21-Feb-2005 14:42

Quote:

Originally posted by Rally
Ok... but what happens when you get to the back of the van? Are you walking up the ramp or do you leap up and into the back?

You just chuck it in and aim for the front wheel holder. Make sure you have your track fairings on though!

;)

You just step up, once the front wheel is off the ramp you just grab the front brake and hold the bike still if you need to, or do it all in one fluid movement. .... As you catch your foot on the towball and trip over diving forward to get the bike in and it falls on you and traps you in the back of the van :D Might be an idea if you have your phone in your pocket so you can call for help.