Ducati Sporting Club UK

Ducati Sporting Club UK (/msgboard.php)
-   DesmoDue - General Questions and Chat (/forumdisplay.php?f=107)
-   -   Oulton Park (/showthread.php?t=199708)

Bimjob 21-Apr-2013 08:32

Oulton Park

Many thanks to Kevin Ellis for the loan of the spare battery after I killed mine by leaving the ignition on all night, hope your knee is feeling better! Best wishes to Chris Clake, hope you make a fast recovery. Massive thanks to the Pullens for repairing my bike for me between races, I really thought that would be the end of play. Race 1 was very exciting and i like to think I helped you find that 3 seconds you were looking for to get the lap record Tom:) It was a great scrap and I learned a lot from it. I'm aching all over and still buzzing with excitement, my first experience of racing motorbikes has left me hooked. Can't wait for Anglesea!

skidlids 21-Apr-2013 08:41

Good to see you enjoying yourself Jim and learning from your mistakes, bet you wont be leaving the ignition on again

we stayed at the circuit until the end of the Endurance race and with about half an hour of the race to go we were joined by Chris Clarke, hard to believe he walked across the pit lane better than I did.

See you at Anglesey just need to get my bike straightened out first

vespa 21-Apr-2013 08:43

Well done! Very impressive result. Great meeting you and your crew and thanks for the hospitality. I am in bed with flu now, which is nothing compared to Dave's and Chris' predicament.

batesy2 21-Apr-2013 09:49

Really glad to hear Chris bounced back,See you all at Anglesey

chris.p 21-Apr-2013 11:44

Quote:

Originally Posted by Bimjob
Many thanks to Kevin Ellis for the loan of the spare battery after I killed mine by leaving the ignition on all night, hope your knee is feeling better! Best wishes to Chris Clake, hope you make a fast recovery. Massive thanks to the Pullens for repairing my bike for me between races, I really thought that would be the end of play. Race 1 was very exciting and i like to think I helped you find that 3 seconds you were looking for to get the lap record Tom:) It was a great scrap and I learned a lot from it. I'm aching all over and still buzzing with excitement, my first experience of racing motorbikes has left me hooked. Can't wait for Anglesey!

Well done Jim, first race, first time at Oulton, to actualy lead the race over the line on one of the laps is mighty impressive, good things to come. :D

Chris:burn:

banger san 21-Apr-2013 17:33

Quote:

Originally Posted by skidlids
we stayed at the circuit until the end of the Endurance race and with about half an hour of the race to go we were joined by Chris Clarke, hard to believe he walked across the pit lane better than I did.

Great to hear Chris was back at circuit, well done to all especially fellow class B riders Tom and Jim and so nice to ride a dry, warm track. :)

bradders 21-Apr-2013 19:25

Quote:

Originally Posted by banger san
Great to hear Chris was back at circuit, well done to all especially fellow class B riders Tom and Jim and so nice to ride a dry, warm track. :)

And you proved your not just a wet weather rider ;)

Rather be racing, obviously, but think I'll enjoy almost as much watching this year :)

badgerpilot 21-Apr-2013 19:57

Well done Jim, good to see a new tailpipe in front of me! Pffffffffffft :D

bally71 22-Apr-2013 13:38

+1 to all that
big congrats to tom ... First class B to win a race?

Also glad to see chris was ok ... get well soon amigo .. best practice those starts tho :lol:

Was a cracking weekend .. Don't think it could of been much better for me personally
good crack, beautiful weather, good racing and a little shiney pot to take home as a momento

Life was made for weekends like this

Credit to the club and the peeps that organise it