Ducati Sporting Club UK

Ducati Sporting Club UK (/msgboard.php)
-   Rideouts, Meets and other Events (/forumdisplay.php?f=75)
-   -   Oxon/Berks Meet and Rideout Sunday 1st May 2011 (/showthread.php?t=84298)

skidlids 25-Apr-2011 15:37

Oxon/Berks Meet and Rideout Sunday 1st May 2011

Hoping the dry spell holds and we get the same sort of weather next weekend

Looking at Starting from Newbury, Berkshire then heading out through Wiltshire and into Gloucestershire and up into the Cotswolds then looping back into North Oxfordshire and dropping back down to H-Cafe

So whos up for it

Kev

Dementor 25-Apr-2011 20:48

Oh yes :)

bradders 25-Apr-2011 22:02

Quote:

Originally Posted by Dementor
Oh yes :)

+1 brother!!

Kev - how about change the location in Newbury to Tothill Services, Lots more room, Maccy ds there and easy to find and access...

skidlids 25-Apr-2011 23:49

Quote:

Originally Posted by bradders

Kev - how about change the location in Newbury to Tothill Services, Lots more room, Maccy ds there and easy to find and access...

Well its 35 miles for me just to get there as its in Hampshire (Tothill Services, Highclere, Hampshire RG20 9) its closer to Alton than it is Oxford and unless I go by the A34 it takes quite a while to get to.

It took an hour earlier today going across country and as North Oxfordshire is another 25 miles away its not really your local meet if your looking at travelling 60 miles over half of which could be on the A34.
I find it already a bit of a boring ride down to the usual Newbury venue as the only quick way is the A34.

Didcot services would suit me, Kev, Trudi, Buggsy and Matty far better, also has a MaccyDs, fuel station etc, has easy access and easy to find, just look for the power station

bradders 26-Apr-2011 08:15

Quote:

Originally Posted by skidlids
Didcot services would suit me, Kev, Trudi, Buggsy and Matty far better, also has a MaccyDs, fuel station etc, has easy access and easy to find, just look for the power station

maybe have that as the join point for us deep southerners then, rather than coming right across to Newbury. We can come the good way to Newbury still then a 15 minute blatt up A34

weeksyracing 26-Apr-2011 11:11

Quote:

Originally Posted by bradders
maybe have that as the join point for us deep southerners then, rather than coming right across to Newbury. We can come the good way to Newbury still then a 15 minute blatt up A34

Take the Newbury/Wantage road then cut from Wantage to meet Skids.... nice nice road :@)

P.S. If you do that one i may persuade Mrs Weeksy to meet up and ride out with you lot for the day :) I'd be out myself but i'm already out on Friday for a 6 hour mountain bike ride, so have used my allocation.

007 27-Apr-2011 08:15

Hello Kev,

Count me in, looking forward to it......

Do you want to meet up en-route?

Regards,

James

bradders 27-Apr-2011 23:06

will you be heaqding wantage type way anyway Kev? We could meet you in the centre, rather than north to south again

Dukeman358 28-Apr-2011 17:14

No bike on Sunday as it will be in for it's first service and to add the bits that have just arrived. Next time Kev;)

steve byatt 28-Apr-2011 19:43

wilbe up but got too pick shell up from hen night in bourenmouth first lol:o