Ducati Sporting Club UK

Ducati Sporting Club UK (/msgboard.php)
-   998 / 996 / 916 / 748 (/forumdisplay.php?f=85)
-   -   FIM EPROM for 1998 748sps (/showthread.php?t=81206)

Chef 01-Dec-2009 16:37

FIM EPROM for 1998 748sps

Anyone got one - need one urgently & I know FIM have closed....:-(

It looks like I could have damaged mine jump starting my 748 from my car this morning...DOH....was on my way to get a new TPS fitted today as well...fuels well riding the bike but on the ducati machine (Mathesis??) that links to the ECU the TPS readings are jumping randomly all over the place - weird - but rides & fuels really well............ecu is fine......any ideas???

748adam 01-Dec-2009 20:42

i have for for a 748sp if they are the same, it is brand new in its packing i think it even comes with a puller to aid the removal and installation of the chip. don't know what its worth but im open to offers. it is currently at my old mechanics college but its not a problem to get it brought over.

Adam

antonye 01-Dec-2009 20:54

Check for bad earths, as this is likely to cause the mathesis to go crazy.

Did you disconnect your battery at some point, as you may not have tightened it up properly.

nelly 01-Dec-2009 22:19

The Mathesis can't read the FIM eprom. TPS reading will be all over the place and probably throwing errors out. You don't have a problem.
The mathesis or DDS can be set up to act purely as a multimeter on to the TPS with out running thru the ECU. That's the only way you'll set it up ;)

748adam 01-Dec-2009 22:21

Quote:

Originally Posted by nelly
The Mathesis can't read the FIM eprom. TPS reading will be all over the place and probably throwing errors out. You don't have a problem.
The mathesis or DDS can be set up to act purely as a multimeter on to the TPS with out running thru the ECU. That's the only way you'll set it up ;)

well, going by nelly's reply, you wont be needing the chip anyway, bugger!:D
adam

Chef 02-Dec-2009 09:46

Thanks Nelly & thanks everyone else!

Anthonye - yes checked the leads etc all good

Looks like a case of dodgy advice, not a dodgy FIM chip

I knew it didn't add up just didn't know why - now I do thx

Great news as I love the FIM chip (sorry Adam...;-))

Can't believe they didn't know

Waste of my morning.........

748adam 02-Dec-2009 22:51

are you sure you wouldn't like a spare chip ;) ??

Adam

Chef 03-Dec-2009 10:55

It's a generous offer, but no :-)