Ducati Sporting Club UK

Ducati Sporting Club UK (/msgboard.php)
-   Trackdays & Race Schools (/forumdisplay.php?f=77)
-   -   "NEW" mallory (/showthread.php?t=24898)

WeeJohnyB 20-Jan-2006 16:22

I love Mallory....there I've said it...however....

Has the person that designed this ever ridden a bike?

How the heck are we going to stop for that right hander when we are doing 100 around Gerrards fully cranked over. Seems to me they have transferred the accidents at Edwinas back to Gerrards as you MAY enter Edwinas a bit slower, but not much on a big bike. Shame they had to spoil the best bit of the circuit. Hairpin looks much better safety.

WeeJohnyB

sharpo 20-Jan-2006 17:09

Official preview.

Should look like this.

Delooney 23-Jan-2006 21:11

My lad tested at Mallory the Wednesday before Christmas.

He's due to go back early February to test again when it re-opens.

Will let you all know how it fairs, alters lap times etc...

Delooney

[Edited on 23-1-2006 by Delooney]

phil_h 27-Jan-2006 20:25

WAHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHH!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Here's the latest from the crmc message board ...

Quote:

Originally Posted by Richard 261
The changes to Mallory have not yet been approved by the ACU. Their next meeting is 08.02.06. It would be a good idea for anyone concerned about the new Mallory Madness to register their concerns with the ACU.

I went to the ACU website contact us page

http://www.acu.org.uk/enquiry.aspx

and wrote:

I, like many others I have spoken to and many others leaving posts on message boards and forums am concerned about the changes to Gerards at Mallory Park.
Putting a tight chicane in the middle of a fast radiused bend seems to me (and others) like madness and a recipe for huge pile-up type crashes, particularly on lap one as the new chicane is only a few seconds from the start line.
I understand that this is to accommodate the professional riders of the BSB series (they may regret it) I hope that the vast majority of us who are amateur riders will not be forced to use the new chicane in our club racing.

Richard Insall

http://crmc.co.uk/phpBB2/viewtopic.p...76cace1566a76e

[Edited on 27-1-2006 by phil_h]

Here'e an old arial view

[Edited on 27-1-2006 by phil_h]

phoenix n max 27-Jan-2006 20:27

Blimey thats a bit sharp :o

pedro 27-Jan-2006 20:55

poo sticks:(

Old Yella 27-Jan-2006 20:57

Reminds me of a cadwell hairpin on the inside of one of the quickest bends around?

New line for Gerrards I guess :o

pedro 27-Jan-2006 21:32

dont remind me of that hairpin yella!:( carnt wait to put the demons to bed though.:)

Nick 916 27-Jan-2006 23:45

Maybe they've thought it would be a good idea to run the other way round???? then that madness would be on the end of the straight, slowing the corner speed down.....
looks like Gerards has just become the slowest corner in the country.

V2 PETE 28-Jan-2006 10:30

oh no .....what have they done !!!!!!!!

:flame::flame::flame: