Ducati Sporting Club UK

Ducati Sporting Club UK (/msgboard.php)
-   Trackdays & Race Schools (/forumdisplay.php?f=77)
-   -   "NEW" mallory (/showthread.php?t=24898)

Washboard 29-Jan-2006 10:51

Clearly, they bought a job lot of bus-stops a few years ago, and they won't stop installing them until the whole circuit is a slalom!

Old Yella 30-Jan-2006 13:48

Quote:

Originally posted by pedro
dont remind me of that hairpin yella!:( carnt wait to put the demons to bed though.:)

Sorry Pete.

It wasnt aimed at you ;)

Will be good to see how everyone copes with this bit of the track now, if they have not resurfaced the bumps round Gerrerds you might be better off getting a Supermoto to get on a decent line :D

doogalman 30-Jan-2006 13:50

Looks like a smaller version of the final chicane at sugo .

Steve M 30-Jan-2006 14:02

Just my opinion, but chicanes are always crap - every one of them, but as WJB says, how the hell are you supposed to stop for that??? There are going to be lot of washed out front ends! And this is meant to be safer:puzzled:

And, they will be spoiling one of the best viewing places in the UK - watching the quick lads coming out of Gerards is (was) awesome.

[Edited on 30-1-2006 by Steve M]

Nick 916 31-Jan-2006 09:42

it does look as if edweena's now got a sister!!! looking at the photo, the only safe way round, is to be entering another edweena's type right left, then back onto the straight, otherwise there's no way round without the risk of an off in a big way......:puzzled:

phil_h 02-Feb-2006 23:36

I just dont believe it ! :shock:
Check out the pictures here
http://www.angelfire.com/nb/ddrsidec...ory/index.html

andys 900ss 02-Feb-2006 23:46

I dont mean to be insultive, but does 'back of fag packet' ring a bell?

I hope it turns out well, bit like a painting 'looks crap untils its done'.

Andy

Old Yella 03-Feb-2006 23:56

Well they have either ruined one of the nicest corners in the UK or created one of the best flip flop chicanes ever.

Proof of the pudding an all that ?

Hope they take the old circuit section out where the new bit crosses the old or there could be some interesting surface changes going on mid chicane :O

Will have to give it a go though this year and try to get there when its dry!