Ducati Sporting Club UK

Ducati Sporting Club UK (/msgboard.php)
-   Trackdays & Race Schools (/forumdisplay.php?f=77)
-   -   "NEW" mallory (/showthread.php?t=24898)

pedro 09-Dec-2005 22:49

\"NEW\" mallory

does anybody know how the layout will be at mallory park for 06?

Jon 09-Dec-2005 22:57

I guess the same as last yearplus a new control tower and media suite.
Ho and they might sweep the circuit:P

yeti 09-Dec-2005 23:03

Quote:

Originally posted by Jon
.... and they might sweep the circuit:P

F**k off, no way would they spoil the "essential character" by such a radical act!

Jon 09-Dec-2005 23:06

Quote:

Originally posted by yeti
Quote:

Originally posted by Jon
.... and they might sweep the circuit:P

F**k off, no way would they spoil the "essential character" by such a radical act!

Alright so I told a lie:)

Chaz 10-Dec-2005 00:10

Bet they don't do anything about security.

BDG 10-Dec-2005 01:02

Hopefully a completely new feckin track instead of that big roundabout.

Mind you what the hell do i know?

skidlids 10-Dec-2005 01:57

It was closed to testing this last Wednesday as they set about altering the run off at the hairpin, Caught a few people out that went to go testing

phil_h 10-Dec-2005 17:11

I heard somewhere that the plum pudding races will be the last time people can go round before gerrards is altered.

Washboard 10-Dec-2005 17:25

Nah!... they need a chicane at the Bus-stop, and a chicane at Edwina's...I can still get through there with my feet up!

pedro 11-Dec-2005 08:39

Quote:

Originally posted by phil_h
I heard somewhere that the plum pudding races will be the last time people can go round before gerrards is altered.
this is what i heard off a customer,something to do with gerrards.might pop up & see later

WeeJohnyB 11-Dec-2005 18:38

It's been on a few other websites for weeks. All rumours that I've seen so far, nothing confirmed, but it appears there are plans to extend the track. Some posts say it will change at Gerrards with a left half way around followed by another right and back onto the straight for Edwinas. Many complaining that Gerrards is the only reason to go to Mallory and some saying one of the best corners in the UK will be spoilt.

Personally I really like Mallory, great atmosphere, rather like Cadwell, umlike the squeeky clean Silverstone etc. The track is not great, but enough of a 'real' motorcycle track to make a trackday/raceday really enjoyable.

They own all the land in front of the pit garages. The best improvements would be to go up and over the hill at the bus stop and use the land up there and bring it back to Devils Elbow. A few decent corners in the hill would make it very interesting.

WeeJohnyB

phil_h 11-Dec-2005 23:22

And they could fill in the bloody lake while they're at it so the fog doesnt hang around all the bloody time in the spring and autumn :P

Washboard 12-Dec-2005 09:02

Quote:

[i]he best improvements would be to go up and over the hill at the bus stop and use the land up there and bring it back to Devils Elbow. A few decent corners in the hill would make it very interesting.

WeeJohnyB

Interesting idea! That could create another 'Mountain'!!
It would be a big mistake to alter Gerrards, I think.
My favorite bit of Mallory was always the Esses, but that disappeared when Edwinas was put in.
There's a lovely story of Hailwood going through the Esses flat out on the last lap and trouncing Phil Read at the flag.

JPM 12-Dec-2005 10:52

Quote:

Originally posted by BDG
Hopefully a completely new feckin track instead of that big roundabout.

Mind you what the hell do i know?

PMSL.... bit harsh, but true!

Nick 916 12-Dec-2005 22:34

What ever they do, if Gerrards is changed it will be a shame, but times move on, so do the tracks, a longer Mallory, Hmm that could be good. I wonder if they will change the tea bag in the urn for next year?

phil_h 19-Dec-2005 21:01

I've just received a crmc newsletter which mentions ...
"New chicane at Gerrards and new assembly area"

And from the new era forum ...
" the changes will be from the halfway point round gerrards. You will turn in as normal but then there will be a short straight then a chicane"

Old Yella 05-Jan-2006 21:34

Any more info on this yet?

Would like to see how the circuit will look next year?

Anyone know any websites with any details....

domski 05-Jan-2006 21:53

I've just found this sneak preview highly detailed plan....

Old Yella 05-Jan-2006 21:56

Think you missed the pair of tits on the outside of gerrards :sing::lol::sing:

domski 05-Jan-2006 22:01

How about that now??? :lol:

psychlist 05-Jan-2006 22:03

Quote:

Originally posted by domski
I've just found this sneak preview highly detailed plan....

PMSL :lol: :lol: :lol:

domski 05-Jan-2006 22:05

Oh yeah, and they're moving it to Spain :D

Old Yella 06-Jan-2006 21:29

Quote:

Originally posted by domski
How about that now??? :lol:

:rofl:

Your an artist Dom and if they are moving it to Spain it will be dryer than the last time I went round it :lol:

So back to the real question.... anyone seen a new layout then?

phil_h 07-Jan-2006 20:01

The latest word is that the chicane is a right - left - right at the exit of gerrards, but they've not started doing it yet.
There is also a bigger run-off at the hairpin (which currently looks more like a nicely raked flower-bed :P )

(There's a lot of interest from the classic and vintage clubs, and I'm getting my info from their message boards)

Old Yella 07-Jan-2006 23:13

Thanks Phil.

Sounds scary though, a chicane at the end of gerrards?

One of the fastest right handers in the country into s chicane - braking while fully cranked over - having to use the wider line to brake for the new chicane which pouts you in the bumpy bits?

Oh well, its another new bit to learn.

phil_h 19-Jan-2006 19:18

Here are some pictures of the work in progress
http://www.pchweb.co.uk/vmcc-racing/...%20changes.pdf

pedro 19-Jan-2006 19:21

intresting stuff.

Simon Reed 19-Jan-2006 23:22

Theres traffic lights @ gerrards @ the mo,hope they've gone before the season kix off,& i've heard they're putting a roundabout in at Edwinas,and a Mcdonalds,for little jon,you know what them builders are like !!!!!

:lol:

pedro 19-Jan-2006 23:34

:D:D:D

Nick 916 20-Jan-2006 05:47

looks good, will it be in use for the february track days.....:puzzled:

WeeJohnyB 20-Jan-2006 16:22

I love Mallory....there I've said it...however....

Has the person that designed this ever ridden a bike?

How the heck are we going to stop for that right hander when we are doing 100 around Gerrards fully cranked over. Seems to me they have transferred the accidents at Edwinas back to Gerrards as you MAY enter Edwinas a bit slower, but not much on a big bike. Shame they had to spoil the best bit of the circuit. Hairpin looks much better safety.

WeeJohnyB

sharpo 20-Jan-2006 17:09

Official preview.

Should look like this.

Delooney 23-Jan-2006 21:11

My lad tested at Mallory the Wednesday before Christmas.

He's due to go back early February to test again when it re-opens.

Will let you all know how it fairs, alters lap times etc...

Delooney

[Edited on 23-1-2006 by Delooney]

phil_h 27-Jan-2006 20:25

WAHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHH!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Here's the latest from the crmc message board ...

Quote:

Originally Posted by Richard 261
The changes to Mallory have not yet been approved by the ACU. Their next meeting is 08.02.06. It would be a good idea for anyone concerned about the new Mallory Madness to register their concerns with the ACU.

I went to the ACU website contact us page

http://www.acu.org.uk/enquiry.aspx

and wrote:

I, like many others I have spoken to and many others leaving posts on message boards and forums am concerned about the changes to Gerards at Mallory Park.
Putting a tight chicane in the middle of a fast radiused bend seems to me (and others) like madness and a recipe for huge pile-up type crashes, particularly on lap one as the new chicane is only a few seconds from the start line.
I understand that this is to accommodate the professional riders of the BSB series (they may regret it) I hope that the vast majority of us who are amateur riders will not be forced to use the new chicane in our club racing.

Richard Insall

http://crmc.co.uk/phpBB2/viewtopic.p...76cace1566a76e

[Edited on 27-1-2006 by phil_h]

Here'e an old arial view

[Edited on 27-1-2006 by phil_h]

phoenix n max 27-Jan-2006 20:27

Blimey thats a bit sharp :o

pedro 27-Jan-2006 20:55

poo sticks:(

Old Yella 27-Jan-2006 20:57

Reminds me of a cadwell hairpin on the inside of one of the quickest bends around?

New line for Gerrards I guess :o

pedro 27-Jan-2006 21:32

dont remind me of that hairpin yella!:( carnt wait to put the demons to bed though.:)

Nick 916 27-Jan-2006 23:45

Maybe they've thought it would be a good idea to run the other way round???? then that madness would be on the end of the straight, slowing the corner speed down.....
looks like Gerards has just become the slowest corner in the country.

V2 PETE 28-Jan-2006 10:30

oh no .....what have they done !!!!!!!!

:flame::flame::flame: