Ducati Sporting Club UK

Ducati Sporting Club UK (/msgboard.php)
-   Sport Touring: ST4 / ST3 / ST2 (/forumdisplay.php?f=86)
-   -   ST4s Ride height adjuster (/showthread.php?t=314)

richardh 22-May-2003 01:45

ST4s Ride height adjuster

Anyone else really, really fed up with trying to get to the 4s ride height adjuster lower locknut? Me too - so I've got Pro Twins CNC contact to make up new rod, based on their corse rod, but a different length to fit the ST4s. Should be picking it up in the next few days - I'll post about how well it works. Point is, having done it once and stung me (probably) for the one-off costs, they should be able to churn 'em out regular, like. Anyone interested?

Richard

Monty 22-May-2003 09:14

Bit late to be telling you this Richard, but JHP already makes one-sorry. As I said in my mail to you, I just raised mine untill the back tyre touched the ground on the centrestand and have left it there ever since. It's a bit loose at the back but that's how I like it.:P

John

richardh 23-May-2003 01:42

Yeah, I figure that, if the front end feels well planted, the back's usually going to follow. At some point ;-). When solo, I tend to ride pretty much on track settings (aggressive, moi?), but do need to switch quickly for a two-up tour. The JHP rod looks great - how much does he charge for it?

Richard

Monty 23-May-2003 11:29

Got to admit I have never bothered to re-adjust the suspension for 2 up. I may put a bit more preload on but nothing else. Since my girlfriend Jo only weighs about 7.5 stone I ride it pretty much the same as solo-maybe that's why I need to put some wonder web on the seat to stop her sliding forward.............:lol:.

John