Ducati Sporting Club UK

Ducati Sporting Club UK (/msgboard.php)
-   998 / 996 / 916 / 748 (/forumdisplay.php?f=85)
-   -   Arrow exhaust (/showthread.php?t=3960)

rvfjohn 16-Oct-2003 23:22

Arrow exhaust

Just got myself some carbon end cans for my 748 off ebay and was wondering if i need to now get the arrow eprom before fitting the end cans?

Rattler 17-Oct-2003 00:15

Is there such a thing?

What size are the exhausts?

You should get in touch with JHP and get them to supply you with a chip for 45 or 50mm cans (assuming you have 45 or 50mm cans!!!)

Tim

rvfjohn 17-Oct-2003 00:34

They are 45mm cans, Arrow are asking £32 for an eprom is it just a matter of taking the old eprom out and fitting the new one?

Rattler 17-Oct-2003 08:39

It is, some caution should be taken with static electricity etc...

....beware that all chips are not the same.

The JHP are said to be very good, when others have had problems. I think the JHP ones are around £25, any other opinions.

Tim

Scaramanga 17-Oct-2003 08:52

Yeah JHP have a good rep out there.

I know a lot of Ducati Performance chips that have been knackered (this from the mouth of an ex dealer mechanic) plugged in and the bike would not run at all.

John,
As long as you get a new eprom (manufacturer not really that important) for 45mm cans then the fuelling will be adjusted to suit.

Arrow are a bit of an unknown quantity, DP are OK, but JHP seem to be one of the faves.

HTH?

Cheers,

Simon

rockhopper 17-Oct-2003 09:23

Its not just as simple as popping in the chip. The injection will need setting up to get best results although the bike will run without having this done. My first chip from JHP was dead on arrival but the second one was okay.
Get in touch with Nelly at Cornerspeed info@cornerspeed.co.uk if your in the midlands area and he will sort it for you.

rcgbob44 17-Oct-2003 09:35

And don`t get salt or vinigar on them as it corodes the legs!

rockhopper 17-Oct-2003 19:19

Eproms are quite robust really but Nelly has had a few that were dead on arrival. JHP say it is something to do with the scanning equipment the post office use. If you are fitting it yourself all you need to do is earth yourself first by touching a metal appliance that is plugged into the mains (doesnt need to be turned on, the earth connection should be okay assuming it isnt double insulated of course). Just make sure you dont bend any of the pins or break the old chip when you are taking it out.

Road Runner 17-Oct-2003 21:03

Arrow exhaust

when I bought my 996 it came with Arrow cans on how can I tell if it has been chiped or not.

Mark..

rvfjohn 17-Oct-2003 22:29

Thank you all so much for the help will call JHP tomorrow about the eprom