Ducati Sporting Club UK

Ducati Sporting Club UK (/msgboard.php)
-   DesmoDue - General Questions and Chat (/forumdisplay.php?f=107)
-   -   Oulton Park Track (/showthread.php?t=80070)

DRR007 14-Jul-2009 17:26

Oulton Park Track

Being new this year and never racing at Oulton before does anyone know if we race the entire track, including the shell oils corner? trying to learn the track on a laptop, but dont know where im going! Not looking good for Saturday!

Chaz 14-Jul-2009 17:57

Quote:

Originally Posted by DRR007
Being new this year and never racing at Oulton before does anyone know if we race the entire track, including the shell oils corner? trying to learn the track on a laptop, but dont know where im going! Not looking good for Saturday!

Yes the whole track.

DRR007 14-Jul-2009 18:10

Quote:

Originally Posted by Chaz
Yes the whole track.

Thats great thanks. Do we go through both chicanes? Brittons and Hislops?

Dominic Clegg 14-Jul-2009 18:27

yep all of it

dunlop0_1 14-Jul-2009 20:13

Quote:

Originally Posted by DRR007

That's 2 of new this Saturday. Number 70, feel like i should be wearing "L" plates LOL. Come and find me and Louise for a chat and a brew.

Neil.

vespa 14-Jul-2009 20:54

17th TD

It seems there are some places left on Fri TD: If you want a place call Alex @ MSV on 01474 875216. Cost is £159.

WeeJohnyB 14-Jul-2009 21:54

Strongly advise a trackday before racing Oulton. If your first outing is qualifying, you'll be LAST. And the race will not be very enjoyable. Much of it is blind. You won't learn it in a few laps of a qualy session as it's long and technical. Suspect DD times are around 2 mins, without knowing the circuit, you'll be more like 2.20/2.25. You'll be lapped!

If you can't do a trackday, arrive the night before and walk the circuit, better still, cycle it several times if allowed. Otherwise, look at previous DD race results and tag the back markers and try to follow them out of the paddock on their out lap whilst warming tyres.

WeeJohnyB

DRR007 14-Jul-2009 22:05

Quote:

Originally Posted by WeeJohnyB
Strongly advise a trackday before racing Oulton. If your first outing is qualifying, you'll be LAST. And the race will not be very enjoyable. Much of it is blind. You won't learn it in a few laps of a qualy session as it's long and technical. Suspect DD times are around 2 mins, without knowing the circuit, you'll be more like 2.20/2.25. You'll be lapped!

If you can't do a trackday, arrive the night before and walk the circuit, better still, cycle it several times if allowed. Otherwise, look at previous DD race results and tag the back markers and try to follow them out of the paddock on their out lap whilst warming tyres.

WeeJohnyB

i would love to do the trackday but havent got a spare £160. Im sure i wont be the only person who hasnt been there so there will be a few of us lagging at the back holding up the leaders!

I gonna go round the track on friday night and ive entered the allcomers race for some practice. Im confident i wont be last, im tall and my elbows and knees stick out quite far! lol

Plus the weather report shows rain on friday and saturday morning.

Ghost 14-Jul-2009 23:37

I've never been on track at Oulton either and can't afford the track day. So like you its a suck it and see jobbie. :)

injected 15-Jul-2009 00:17

Hey, we can't ALL be last!