Ducati Sporting Club UK

Ducati Sporting Club UK (/msgboard.php)
-   999 / 749 (/forumdisplay.php?f=84)
-   -   999 throttle movement (/showthread.php?t=8532)

everton 03-Jul-2004 22:11

:frog:

andyb 03-Jul-2004 22:14

Hi Everton, its a tough job but someones got to do it....:saint:

You up for a throttle mod then?

Nathanus piccie is interesting, although i think if you used a monster throttle, or rotated the 916 jobbie, the cables would route better underneath the m/cylinder?

everton 03-Jul-2004 22:19

Quote:

Originally posted by andyb
You up for a throttle mod then?

Well I must admit I never really noticed any issues with the throttle rotation until you brought the topic up.

There is noticeably more travel than on my VFR for instance. I can't say I remember much from my 996.

I'll be checking everyone's bike tomorrow now........... :lol:

KeefyB 04-Jul-2004 22:31

I dont really need a quicker action throttle.I just need a twistgrip that does'nt wobble around in the housing!:mad:

Chrono 05-Jul-2004 20:05

I've just got a 999S and I definitely need a quicker action throttle. Can anyone recommend a dealer/workshop near West London who could supply & fit the Corse kit?

electricsheep 07-Jul-2004 17:53

Quote:

Originally posted by andyb
wait a while though, i know pro twins do the single cable jobbie, dont know how much though.

Ive got jhp on the case, dont know how much though.

The corse item is going to be £200 ish.

The one reapers done is £158 + fitting it for the non mechanicals.

I think there is quite a bit of money to play with there re the jhp option.

But, by all means lets start a list to offer up for discount to whoever.

Andyb
Karl

Does this mean that there could be some kind of group purchase - maybe with a discount ?

Rob

chillo 09-Jul-2004 10:34

imo, i quite like to the extra throttle travel, you can be more precise with how many berries you are giving it through the twisty stuff!:smug:

dickieducati 09-Jul-2004 10:41

me too, i've been looking at this post but dont really feel the need for any quicker throttle action myself. if you've got 130+ at the rear wheel i would have though the key is getting the power on smoothly rather than more agressively. maybe people ride alot quicker/harder than me.

i know for a fact that i found it really hard to put the power down in the wet when i was out in spain and for me at least any quicker action would have been quite simply a nightmare.

Real McCoy 09-Jul-2004 15:28

Its so you can crack that sun bitch throttle open for the power wheelies ,with out having to have a double jointed wrist :devil:

Any progress with this, seems to have gone a bit quite :puzzled:

dave w 10-Jul-2004 12:25

[quote]Originally posted by KeefyB
I dont really need a quicker action throttle.I just need a twistgrip that does'nt wobble around in the housing!:mad: [/
quote]

Same for me...... just feels like a crap fit !! You could take some slack out of the cables.... worked for me :cool: