Ducati Sporting Club UK

Ducati Sporting Club UK (/msgboard.php)
-   851 / 888 (/forumdisplay.php?f=99)
-   -   Another one!!!!!!!!!!! Actually they're a bit common really aren't they?? (/showthread.php?t=19473)

RightSaidFred 07-Jul-2005 22:52

Another one!!!!!!!!!!! Actually they\'re a bit common really aren\'t they??

Looks nice though, a bit mile-ey but clean.

http://cgi.ebay.co.uk/ws/eBayISAPI.d...sPageName=WDVW

KeefyB 08-Jul-2005 07:17

Quote:

Originally posted by RightSaidFred
Looks nice though, a bit mile-ey but clean.

But its a 12 year old bike!
Works out at an average of 2250 miles per year,....nowt!

paynep 08-Jul-2005 10:44

I agree, my 851 has 30,000+ miles including several trackdays and still feels fine

IMHO they are only as good as their last service, history is nice to have but that's about all for a 12 year old bike.

Paul

sparkin 08-Jul-2005 10:50

Quote:

Originally posted by paynep
I agree, my 851 has 30,000+ miles including several trackdays and still feels fine

IMHO they are only as good as their last service, history is nice to have but that's about all for a 12 year old bike.

Paul

Can`t agree more,half tempted myself on that,that way I can take Mallory on the back,without spending two days changing pipes and bodywork:eureka:

KeefyB 08-Jul-2005 19:18

Quote:

Originally posted by sparkin
Can`t agree more,half tempted myself on that,that way I can take Mallory on the back,without spending two days changing pipes and bodywork:eureka:

Nah,you need a Multistuka for that mate.;)

sparkin 08-Jul-2005 19:22

Quote:

Originally posted by KeefyB
Quote:

Originally posted by sparkin

Nah,you need a Multistuka for that mate.;)

Yeah I Know:(

RightSaidFred 09-Jul-2005 01:56

Yeah I know it's not too many miles really, I was just being 'ironic.' but in these days of 'post irony' no one seems to get it, heheheheh.

It does look nice doesn't it? Am I weird in saying that despite the fact that i've already got a nice one, when I see another one like this I want to own it as well?? I mean, I can't bloody ride more than one bike at once, but I have this 'fantasy garage' idea of owning loads of 888's. Hm must just be me :D

pibbow 10-Jul-2005 20:36

I'm right with you fred. I can feel the urge biulding a purchase could be on the cards!

[Edited on 10-7-2005 by pibbow]