Ducati Sporting Club UK

Ducati Sporting Club UK (/msgboard.php)
-   Trackdays & Race Schools (/forumdisplay.php?f=77)
-   -   Wanted - Sympathy (/showthread.php?t=18988)

Whele 23-Jun-2005 13:02

Wanted - Sympathy

On most of our track days I get little circuit time as I do the Novice and Intermediate classroom tuition sessions.

I have spent months trying to find good competent fast racers who can effectively teach their skills to other people in classroom situations. Finally I have found someone, so I was looking forward to getting out on the circuit at on July 4th to do some circuit instruction and enjoy riding with you guys……

Well it isn’t to be…….

I was at Donnington trying to set up the suspension on the new bike, coming out of Coppice I had a huge hi-side. I thought ”oh good - I have got away with light bruising” as I was surfing down Starkeys Straight at 100mph on my arse, but then I hit the curbing that flicked me over. The result is a compresion break of 5th and unstable fracture of the 4th metacarpal. Despite a diet of comfrey, almonds and shellfish, I don’t think it’s going to be fixed in time for the GP

So I guess I will be doing a special lecture on throttle control!!!

psychlist 23-Jun-2005 13:08

My goodness!

Glad to hear you've got off relatively lightly but it's gotta be a big consolation for you to know that the bike can be easily repaired and Catherine can join us on track with it whilst you "supervise" from the sidelines :P

Hope you're back to form soon Gary, looking forward to saying Hi again mate!

Paul. :devil:

JPM 23-Jun-2005 13:16

Bugger! Always the way though.... luckily I guess you're pretty much in one piece, as has been said you can supervise from the side lines, or make drinks for everyone :lol:

Could do with someone tinkering with my suspenders if you fancy a challenge

Dibble 23-Jun-2005 13:20

Gary .. glad you are ok mate .....

can I sell your place then ???? :lol::lol::lol:

TP 23-Jun-2005 13:22

:o

Could have been even nastier!! Hope you heal well.

As for the bike ... well, that's what happens to UJM's! At least there's another 4 million of them out there for parts ;)

andys 900ss 23-Jun-2005 13:45

Bad luck there Gary.....

Nasty corner that Coppice, my similar UJM was leaving black lines coming out of there last time. 'You've got me worried how brave I was now'!

Take it easy..

Andy

Desmondo 23-Jun-2005 14:29

Ah yes, Coppice. Broke my collarbone there a few years back :(

Felix 23-Jun-2005 14:49

Know how you feel, Gary. Not fun these highsides, are they. Hope you heal quickly.

WeeJohnyB 23-Jun-2005 16:09

Unlucky Gary, hope you're better soon

WeeJohnyB

bradders 23-Jun-2005 16:22

well, you can have all of mine! Sympathy that is.

Means I can pick your brains more while specatating on the 4th...