Ducati Sporting Club UK

Ducati Sporting Club UK (/msgboard.php)
-   DesmoDue - General Questions and Chat (/forumdisplay.php?f=107)
-   -   'H' rated 'Rosso's' (/showthread.php?t=78167)

SeeleyG50 07-Jan-2009 19:13

'H' rated 'Rosso's'

Anybody in the know as to when these might appear, cos I've just discovered that both sets of 'Diablo's' that came with the bike I bought are 'ZR' rated :rolleyes: Assume the 'H' rated tyres are specced cos the compound is a bit stickier? :frog:

Chaz 07-Jan-2009 22:43

Quote:

Originally Posted by SeeleyG50
Anybody in the know as to when these might appear, cos I've just discovered that both sets of 'Diablo's' that came with the bike I bought are 'ZR' rated :rolleyes: Assume the 'H' rated tyres are specced cos the compound is a bit stickier? :frog:

Have a word with Mark at Holbeach tyres the official suppliers 07733324640.

ChrisBushell 08-Jan-2009 09:16

The H rating requirement is a stipulation from Pirelli regarding the safety of the tyres.

Desmo Due bikes do not have enough power and are too light to get the Z rated tyres up to proper operating temperature on the track, they are in the right envelope to work the H rated tyres properly.

Chaz 08-Jan-2009 11:09

Quote:

Originally Posted by ChrisBushell
The H rating requirement is a stipulation from Pirelli regarding the safety of the tyres.

Desmo Due bikes do not have enough power and are too light to get the Z rated tyres up to proper operating temperature on the track, they are in the right envelope to work the H rated tyres properly.

That was not the question!

When are the "H" rated Rossos going to be available?

gordonparker 08-Jan-2009 11:27

Rosso H rated availability

At the moment the exact date is unavailable but we hope to have some information from Pirelli in the comming month or two.

Gordon

paynep 08-Jan-2009 11:49

Quote:

Use the Z rated ones for trackdays and save the Hs for racing?

I ran Z rated ones by mistake for half a season on my DD bike one year and they seemed ok, but there were a number of hot meetings.....?

Paul

Rattler 08-Jan-2009 11:52

Quote:

Originally Posted by paynep
I ran by mistake for half a season one year........?

Paul

Explains a lot !!! ;)

Murray Mint 08-Jan-2009 11:57

Quote:

Originally Posted by paynep
Use the Z rated ones for trackdays and save the Hs for racing?

I ran Z rated ones by mistake for half a season on my DD bike one year and they seemed ok, but there were a number of hot meetings.....?

Paul

Burn him, burn him. :lol:

MLC Racing 08-Jan-2009 14:26

Roast him Gently!!!

Quote:

Originally Posted by Murray Mint
Burn him, burn him. :lol:

Nah just wrap him in his tyre warmers...... cos they'll be doing nothing!!!!

paynep 08-Jan-2009 15:40

Quote:

Desmo Due bikes are too light to get the Z rated tyres up to proper operating temperature on the track, unless the rider can provide additional weight to make the tyres work.

:frog: