Ducati Sporting Club UK

Ducati Sporting Club UK (/msgboard.php)
-   998 / 996 / 916 / 748 (/forumdisplay.php?f=85)
-   -   Racing incident - lucky to be in one piece (/showthread.php?t=21753)

zhed44 13-Sep-2005 00:50

Racing incident - lucky to be in one piece

Overtaking a Mondeo tonight, when he suddenly speeded up and swerved into me. I stuck my knee out and his door took me on the left slider/boot. It stood the bike up and put me onto the wrong side of the road just as we entered a bend. .:o

No damage whatsoever apart from a bit of "Mondeo silver" on my knee-slider, but had a bit of a dent in the bottom of his driver's door.

Exchanged mutual expressions of relief/insurance details and went on our way

ericthered40 13-Sep-2005 01:00

The old overtaking wile being overtaken one a
Bastids

:cool:

zhed44 13-Sep-2005 01:05

Nah, he was just dawdling up a hill - only me and him involved.

What I reckon happened is that he changed down which explains the sudden burst of speed and what with only one hand on the wheel, would also explain the swerve. He wasn't the boy racer type, so I don't think he was being a ******** intentionally. Reason I was so close was that it was a double white line road and I was trying to stay within the law in my own way by not crossing the lines. Of course after he hit me, I crossed the blighters - lucky nothing was coming t'other way!

ericthered40 13-Sep-2005 01:17

Quote:

Originally posted by zhed44

What I reckon happened is that he changed down which explains the sudden burst of speed and what with only one hand on the wheel, would also explain the swerve. He wasn't the boy racer type, so I don't think he was being a ******** intentionally. Reason I was so close was that it was a double white line road and I was trying to stay within the law in my own way by not crossing the lines. Of course after he hit me, I crossed the blighters - lucky nothing was coming t'other way!

Are, the lesser dawdler, another common species, looks quite harmless till you get real close then
turns out to be just as deadly as the Dick head loon.

Well fended off anyway

:smug:

rockhopper 13-Sep-2005 09:30

Trouble is that car drivers are not expecting a bike to squeeze through the gap between their vehicle and the white line. Especially coming up to a bend. One of the top ten most dangerous things you can do in my opinion (i do it all the time though!!).

bradders 13-Sep-2005 10:27

thats what white lines are there for...

Rob B 13-Sep-2005 10:33

Hmmmmm

Felix 13-Sep-2005 10:39

A "Racing incident"??:puzzled: You are joking, aren't you.

andyb 13-Sep-2005 10:50

Quote:

Originally posted by zhed44

FFS! Sorry mate, whichever way i read this, there is only one ********!

JPM 13-Sep-2005 10:54

Double whites = No overtaking, no crossing.... IMO you've only got yourself to blame... wait until the double whites finish, it's not a race you know :rolleye: