Ducati Sporting Club UK

Ducati Sporting Club UK (/msgboard.php)
-   Tyres (/forumdisplay.php?f=96)
-   -   Full wets or not!!!!!!!!! (/showthread.php?t=6726)

Jon 16-Apr-2004 22:54

Full wets or not!!!!!!!!!

Just looking for some feed back on whats the best set up.
I suppose a set of f/wets and inters would be ideal, but just how often do you get to use f/wets. If its just for trackday fun, would you really want to go out if it is that wet to get the full use out of wets.

I'm still trying to get my head around going out in the rain. A lot of peeps say that its just the same, in respect to the fact that you are searching for the max grip, drive etc.

Jon

Rattler 16-Apr-2004 23:13

My theory!!!

.........if its gonna pi55 down all day then you should fit full wets and get out there.

If it looks showery and may clear up later, then I'll wait and then go out on the SCs.

It would be a shame to waste an entire trackday (and obviously the money associated) by not getting out at all - so I take wets with me.

Also - I'm selling a pair on the Market Place - Jon - you know you want them!!

There is a kind of intermediate position and thats to use 207RRs or similar, plenty of grip in the wet.

Tim:frog:

skidlids 16-Apr-2004 23:21

Its hard to beat a good set of wets, they really are worth having.
One of the best bits of advice I've had while racing is "RIDE IN THE WET LIKE YOU RIDE IN THE DRY, JUST DO IT ON WETS",
I enjoy wet races, its the damp conditions I don't like, I,ve had the back wheel off the deck under braking in the wet before now