Ducati Sporting Club UK

Ducati Sporting Club UK (/msgboard.php)
-   Sport Touring: ST4 / ST3 / ST2 (/forumdisplay.php?f=86)
-   -   ST3 Mirror Spring Needed (/showthread.php?t=79781)

mherman 18-Jun-2009 10:20

ST3 Mirror Spring Needed

Fellow ST owners ... I am desperately in need of a mirror spring for my ST3. My left hand mirror was snapped off whilst parked in a bike bay by a Peugeot scoot rider .... I have tried a couple of dealers with no joy. Anyone out there who can help me? Thanks, Mike

moozaad 18-Jun-2009 10:25

has the spring actually snapped or did it just get unhooked from its base?

Ebay is your best bet or local breakers for cheap springs.

mherman 18-Jun-2009 10:54

Unfortunately it snapped and is lost. Does anyone know how long the spring is? I dont really want to take off the other mirror and measure it. Thx.

Jools 18-Jun-2009 11:06

As it happens...I have a mirror with a broken stem from a "wet boot slipping off the centrestand before it was fully raised" drop just after I got the bike. I think that it still has the spring in it.

PM me your addy and I'll go and have a look in the shed for it.

mherman 18-Jun-2009 12:30

Jools that would be perfect .. thank you very much indeed. my email address is m_herman1@yahoo.co.uk. If you find it, please ping me and i'll email you my home address. Thanks again.

Jools 18-Jun-2009 14:42

Oooops. Wrong footed ya!

I found the stem, but no spring I'm afraid. Once I'd found the stem I had to ask myself why on earth I'd kept a piece of plastic with a 3" crack right down it - hardly likely to come in useful for anything was it.

Sorry!

Loz ST2 18-Jun-2009 21:15

I have a couple of springs if they are same as the ST2 mirrors

John W 19-Jun-2009 01:11

They are all the same.

If Loz can't find his, I definitely have a couple going spare.
So if you have no luck give me a PM and I'll dig one out for you.

I'm away this weekend on a trip, Back Tuesday. So if you get no answer for a few days you'l know why ;)

Cheers,
John.

mherman 19-Jun-2009 01:44

Gentlemen, thank you very much. Loz if you are sure, that would be great. I'll send you my address in a PM. John, I live near Dorking, so not far away from you at all ... bought my first Bimota in Cranleigh as it happens! Do you want to grab a beer one night next week? My better half is in the US all week so no need for a pass! I'm riding up to Donington for WSB next w/e and plan to fix it before then .. looking at the 'stump', it appears I may have to remove the front fairing .. bugger!

John W 23-Jun-2009 23:38

Hi ya,

just back from a trip. I'm about tomorrow (wednesday) evening, and out at a bbq on Thursday.
Looks like you have a nice collection of bikes. I too have some off road stuff, and a couple of classics ;)

You shouldn't need to remove the fairing, just the filler strips either side of the clocks. That'll get you access to the pair of 8mm bolts that hold the mirrors on.

I'll pm you my home & mobile numbers.

Cheers,
John.