Ducati Sporting Club UK

Ducati Sporting Club UK (/msgboard.php)
-   Race (/forumdisplay.php?f=78)
-   -   Racing at Silverstone 7th May (/showthread.php?t=16824)

Garry Smith 26-Apr-2005 00:02

Racing at Silverstone 7th May

We're racing at Silverstone on May 7th (Saturday) so if you are in the area come and say hello.

I've not ridden at Silverstone so if anybody has ridden/raced there any pointers would be appreciated.

Cheers,

NBs996 26-Apr-2005 00:03

Gary, I'm marshalling... I hope I only meet you in the paddock!

bradders 26-Apr-2005 12:33

I'll see yer there then!! Got a season pass so would be rude not to watch other ducati boyz do the business.

will it be open pit?

Garry Smith 27-Apr-2005 13:26

Nick, Yes, I too hope we meet in the paddock only! If you get the chance at lunch or whenever come and say hi.

Bradders, It will be open Paddock - at least I think so as it is everywhere else we go although I haven't been to Silverstone before.

I am going down on Thursday evening and staying over as I have booked a place on the testing day on Friday to try and learn my way around.

Look out for us in the Paddock (Hopefully we'll get a pit garage as I am going to be there early) Red 996 No. 172 and our van is a blue LDV with Ducati Racing sponsored by www.century2000.co.uk on the side.

I'll make sure the kettle's on!

skidlids 27-Apr-2005 13:47

I intend going up Saturday morning hopefully on the bike, some lovely roads up to Silverstone from Oxford.
It will be a open paddock.

Spoke to Dallas two nights ago and he had been on the phone to Silverstone and some guy told him there wasn't any practice at Silverstone on the Friday, strange I said as I told him you (Garry) were booked in for it, hopefully by now he has been back on the phone and sorted it.

Felix 27-Apr-2005 16:00

Won't be able to make it, Garry, as we got testing going on for the weekend following at Cadwell.

Best of luck! Enjoy!

skidlids 27-Apr-2005 16:21

Garry are you doing Cadwell on the 21/22, shame that one clashes with the BMF

bradders 27-Apr-2005 18:27

Kev - what time you leaving? weather permitting, i'll be on the bike so could be cool to ride up together and show me these roads!

Garry Smith 27-Apr-2005 18:33

Cheers Felix, hope your testing goes well.

Kev, If Dallas isn't yet sorted he needs to contact Sara Lambden at the circuit on 08704 588255 (she organises the bookings for testing) It's definitely on as I know others that are going and I have had my confirmation through from Silverstone.

Yes, I will be doing Cadwell and I have already booked to do the testing day on the Friday.

Hopefully see you at Silvestone then mate.

skidlids 05-May-2005 11:47

Garry Dallas has managed to get booken in for practice tomorrow and it looks like I have the day off work so will hopefully catch up with you tomorrow, I should also be up there for the racing on Saturday. Its great when the circuit is only 30 miles away.