Ducati Sporting Club UK

Ducati Sporting Club UK (/msgboard.php)
-   Race (/forumdisplay.php?f=78)
-   -   Stoner to Ducati (/showthread.php?t=37810)

jeff st4s 17-Oct-2006 23:40

Stoner to Ducati

This was commented on earlier in the week on the board, so lets see if the Beeb has it's facts correct.

Australian Casey Stoner looks set to leave the LCR Honda team to join the Ducati MotoGP factory squad in 2007.
The 21-year-old, currently seventh in the rider standings, moved up to MotoGP at the start of the year and has claimed one podium finish.

Stoner is expected to be replaced at LCR Honda by Spaniard Carlos Checa.

Meanwhile, Spaniard Sete Gibernau will soon find out the extent of the injuries he suffered when crashing out of Sunday's race in Portugal.

The Ducati Marlboro rider broke his right hand and aggravated an earlier collarbone injury when he was taken out by Stoner.

A decision has yet to be made as to whether he can ride in the final race of the season in Valencia on 29 October.

doogalman 18-Oct-2006 06:30

Checa is confirmed for the Honda ride.
Ducati trying to get Bayliss on sete's bike for the last race.

jeff st4s 18-Oct-2006 09:22

That's all we need, troy beats Loris and Ducati are left thinking why did we let him go and how do we bring him back?

Martin Ducati Glasgow 18-Oct-2006 11:31

Quote:

Originally Posted by doogalman
Checa is confirmed for the Honda ride.
Ducati trying to get Bayliss on sete's bike for the last race.

Really? Where did you here that?:)

I hope that is the case, I think it would be great to see Troy on the Gp bike.

The factory said they may run the 800cc Gp7 if there was no mathmatical chance of Loris winning the Championship, does anyone know if this has been confirmed as yet??

Ozz 18-Oct-2006 11:34

Quote:

Originally Posted by Martin Ducati Glasgow
The factory said they may run the 800cc Gp7 if there was no mathmatical chance of Loris winning the Championship, does anyone know if this has been confirmed as yet??

The comic says no as that would effectively take a front runner out of the battle and could affect the title for Rossi or Hayden...

doogalman 18-Oct-2006 12:32

Quote:

Originally Posted by Ozz
The comic says no as that would effectively take a front runner out of the battle and could affect the title for Rossi or Hayden...

Unless they feel it could run up front.:eek: :eek:

phillc 19-Oct-2006 08:05

Quote:

Originally Posted by Martin Ducati Glasgow
Really? Where did you here that?:)

I hope that is the case, I think it would be great to see Troy on the Gp bike.

Federico posted it on his blog on Tuesday:

http://blog.ducati.com/post/81/troy-sulla-desmosedici

The proposal put forward by several of you to take Troy to Valencia seems a good idea. We still hope that Sete will get better and be able to race, making up for an unfortunate season. If, regrettably, this is not possible I promise you I’ll do all I can to get Troy onto the Desmosedici.

749er 19-Oct-2006 09:00

Quote:

Originally Posted by jeff st4s
Australian Casey Stoner looks set to leave the LCR Honda team to join the Ducati MotoGP factory squad in 2007.

time to buy shares in the firm that makes the fairings for the GP bike then? :o

jeff st4s 19-Oct-2006 10:36

Quote:

Originally Posted by phillc
The proposal put forward by several of you to take Troy to Valencia seems a good idea. We still hope that Sete will get better and be able to race, making up for an unfortunate season. If, regrettably, this is not possible I promise you I’ll do all I can to get Troy onto the Desmosedici.

Lets hope Troy gets the reward he deserves, Sete messed up Loris and Ducati's year, time to say goodbye I'm afraid, all is fair in love and war. :)

TP 19-Oct-2006 11:02

Quote:

Originally Posted by phillc
...If, regrettably, this is not possible I promise you I’ll do all I can to get Troy onto the Desmosedici.

Rock on!!!!

Wouldn't it be funny if he had a great result?! He finished 3rd there on the 'sedici last time ... get rid of that bloody spaniard and get THE MAN back on it!

WOOHOO!!!