Ducati Sporting Club UK

Ducati Sporting Club UK (/msgboard.php)
-   DesmoDue - General Questions and Chat (/forumdisplay.php?f=107)
-   -   An idea...DD posting amnesty until the 18th Nov? (/showthread.php?t=37947)

dickieducati 21-Oct-2006 13:32

An idea...DD posting amnesty until the 18th Nov?

this really is all getting too stupid for words.........

its an extreme measure but its got to the stage where i think its needed.

can we call a halt on ALL DD related posts until after the nov 18th meeting unless it is purely of a 'info or advice' nature.

also how about an amnesty?

forget what happened; who did what to whome; reinstate all banned/moderated members; halt all 'investigations'; wipe the slate clean; have the meeting; let everyone air their views; improve the series and move on.

it really would be the adult thing to do on all sides. EVERYONE genuinely interested in making DD better surely would agree this makes sense?

i am fully aware this is tantamount to sensorship, BUT if the majority agree its a good idea i dont see why it cant work.

Chaz 21-Oct-2006 13:35

Quote:

Originally Posted by dickieducati

can we call a halt on ALL DD related posts until after the nov 18th meeting unless it is purely of a 'info or advice' nature.

forget what happened; who did what to whome; reinstate all banned/moderated members; halt all 'investigations'; wipe the slate clean; have the meeting; let everyone air their views; improve the series and move on.

it really would be the adult thing to do on all sides. EVERYONE genuinely interested in making DD better surely would agree this makes sense?

i am fully aware this is tantamount to sensorship, BUT if the majority agree its a good idea i dont see why it cant work.

Good idea Dickie My vote is yes.

Murray Mint 21-Oct-2006 13:36

Yes for me to.

Redruth 21-Oct-2006 13:38

Quote:

Originally Posted by dickieducati

Seconded.

AK 21-Oct-2006 13:39

Quote:

Originally Posted by Redruth
Seconded.

3rded:)

Iconic944ss 21-Oct-2006 13:39

Great idea.

I'm certainly in favour of an 'Amnesty' on the DD issues concerning posting on here.

Well done Dickie.

NB x2

If users are in agreement not to post - certainly isnt censorship in my eyes!

Not a good post title - something like 'DD posting amnesty poll?'
might be better; pls PM me if you want it changed.

Frank

TP 21-Oct-2006 13:47

Good plan :)

NBs996 21-Oct-2006 14:02

yeah, why not.

multi600 21-Oct-2006 14:20

Nice one, gets my vote.

Mike

Zimbo16 21-Oct-2006 15:01

Gets my vote too. It's got just too childish and at times plain nasty, none of the main posters is prepared to back down or compromise, and several are stirring things up every chance they get. There may well be some valid points raised, but they're completely lost in the back biting and drivel.