Ducati Sporting Club UK

Ducati Sporting Club UK (/msgboard.php)
-   999 / 749 (/forumdisplay.php?f=84)
-   -   IT,S ORDERED !! (/showthread.php?t=8677)

iang 05-Jul-2004 23:57

IT,S ORDERED !!

Well, looks like i have done the deal.

My local dealer has located a new 749R for me which will arrive in a week or two and i think i have been given an excellent deal.

My honda CBR600RR with all my parts removed and £6600 cash.

This in effect means that he has given me £7000 for my bike and i should get £1600 for my parts, so cost to change £5000.

I cannot wait to get it and hope that it is as good as everyone says it is.

The only things i am unsure about is, does anyone make a 749R specific exhaust and hugger yet and is everyone unhappy with the slipper clutch fitted as standard ?
( I read somewhere that Ducati were exchanging the clutches on the 749R because of a known problem ?

I will post pics when it arrives

Ferrari Pete 06-Jul-2004 09:30

Fantastic mate,
Ive just took mine in for its 1st service........

That sounds a good deal to me

Ferrari

yellowisfriedegg 06-Jul-2004 10:10

Hugger from DP not yet available , Georgina keeps saying they are coming but nothing happens :(

Exhaust , full system 57mm with Titanium silencer is available now , approx £2500 plus VAT :o

Or you can buy a silencer for an assymetric system for a 749S , the carbon cover and a bolt kit (standard silencer attachments are studs with nuts , race silencer has threaded inserts and bolts) and fit using the standard pipes , for best results get the cat cut out of the front pipe.

The slipper clutch only does the "spooky silence" thing when your are riding slowly , when it happens just blip the throttle with the clutch out and it sorts itself out..............or buy a DP or STM clutch , approx £600

I'm sure you will enjoy the bike , they are very special :bouncy:

Steve M 06-Jul-2004 10:13

Well done sir:sing:

yellowisfriedegg 06-Jul-2004 10:13

Sorry , I forgot , Weeksy says a guy he knows is selling huggers for the 04 swingarm bikes , see here :

http://www.ducatisportingclub.com/index.php3?M=70

Unfortunately no photo , also at that price I think I will wait for the DP item to arrive.

bazzer sps 06-Jul-2004 10:24

Having just completed 600 miles its truly a fantastic bike you will not be disapointed.
I just got my hugger from AJRacing and some trick rear sets and when fitted will post some pictures.

dave w 06-Jul-2004 23:59

Welcome back Ian......good choice mate.... just in time for summer !! :D:D

iang 07-Jul-2004 00:16

Summer ? What summer.

I live in Northumberland.

Thanks for the support guys

electricsheep 07-Jul-2004 00:42

Good choice, check what tyres your getting some have Diablo Corsa's and some with Michelin Pilot Race H2's

Rob

iang 09-Jul-2004 00:07

Going on holiday friday and bike is being delivered saturday 15th.

Better start browsing the ducati performance catalouge on holiday !!!