Ducati Sporting Club UK

Ducati Sporting Club UK (/msgboard.php)
-   DesmoDue - General Questions and Chat (/forumdisplay.php?f=107)
-   -   Travel insurance, to include racing. (/showthread.php?t=37900)

Otei 20-Oct-2006 10:48

Travel insurance, to include racing.

I'm off to the States for a month, and am planning on racing while I'm there, and doing a trackday too (Boxing day at Laguna Seca!).

Problem is, I'm having a hell of a time getting any travel insurance that will cover me for any kind of motorcycle racetrack activity.

It seems that alot of companies are removing it from their policy cover.

Does anyone have any info on where I might obtain such cover?..surely is HAS to be available?

Thanks in advance,

Tim :)

Dominic Clegg 20-Oct-2006 10:52

if you crash you go down the road and say you fell over ;)

madmav 20-Oct-2006 10:54

try the ADAC,,,

Rattler 20-Oct-2006 10:55

Simply avoid crashing.

Hope this helps
Tim

ChrisBushell 20-Oct-2006 10:59

Tim

If you are going to race abroad, then you will need a start permission from the ACU.

In the manner in which we organised the trip to Assen this includes insurance, medical expenses and repatriation costs for the rider.

If you need any help get in touch.

If you dont get a start permission then you are going to have some serious trouble with the ACU com renewal time

domski 20-Oct-2006 11:13

CICA do personal accident cover too, which will cover you in the UK, USA and the Commonwealth.

Chris, are you still an agent for them?

If not, have a look here Otei.

I'm with them, and the service is brilliant (sadly from experience!)

Grib 20-Oct-2006 11:28

Otei...you git :mad: I'm desperate to go back to the States, take me, take me!

You'll love Laguna, I got taken round there on the back of a loony ex 250 racer with a trick SV650 :D The Corkscrew is even more incredible than it looks, it lifted me off the back seat everytime we dropped down it, awesome!

Jools 20-Oct-2006 11:33

My job once took me to Palo Alto (near San Jose) every month to six weeks, for a period of about a week to ten days at a time. I was desperate for one of my business trips to line up with a CSS day at Laguna Seca, but it never did, and now my role has changed so I don't go to the US any more than once a year - and then only to Houston.

antonye 20-Oct-2006 11:36

Quote:

Originally Posted by Jools
My job once took me to Palo Alto (near San Jose) every month to six weeks, for a period of about a week to ten days at a time. I was desperate for one of my business trips to line up with a CSS day at Laguna Seca, but it never did, and now my role has changed so I don't go to the US any more than once a year - and then only to Houston.

:D :D :D :D :D

Otei 20-Oct-2006 11:50

Thanks for the replies, you've all been extremely helpful.

Well one of you wasn't, eh Timmy! ;)

And one is just plain envious (shame on you Gribby!) LOL!

Anyway, CICA seems useful, but I wasn't aware that the ACU would cover insurance and medical costs if you got start permission from them. I figured I need to get a release from the ACU in order to race, as I wouldn't be allowed to hold 2 licences at the same time. Or have i read this wrong , Chris?

Would you be able to email me the lowdown on this to tim.pritchard@ntlworld.com ? I'd be very grateful.

If I can sort out a decent picture hosting site to upload images to, I'll do a sort of diary on the forum of my Stateside experience, including what it's like to race against the Yanks. Should make for interesting reading. I can't wait to find out what it's like over there :)