Ducati Sporting Club UK

Ducati Sporting Club UK (/msgboard.php)
-   999 / 749 (/forumdisplay.php?f=84)
-   -   permission to join the s class (/showthread.php?t=10952)

neilkeogh 11-Oct-2004 14:55

permission to join the s class

On saturday I did the dirty deed, I traded in my 996S for a brand new 999S.

It goes like dream a lot smoother I've found.

Ignition seems a bit querky, put the key in oil light seems to stay a long time but it eventually fires up, any ideas?

:bouncy::sing:

Loz 11-Oct-2004 15:01

Welcome aboard! :D

Someone who knows what they are talking about will be along presently, but ...

Assuming the oil is topped up correctly, it's possibly a dicky oil pressure sensor. The OPS can throw up some odd readings if it's faulty.

Failing that, I've heard tell that the instrument board of the 999 can be a bit flaky, although mine's been fine (touch wood).

Suggest you get the vendor to replace the OPS and monitor. Good luck!

dickieducati 11-Oct-2004 15:06

cant help on the dash really but you've definitely joined the right class.

the 'R' class is all very well but you tend to find it mostly consists of people who would like to be fast, but arnt. seen mainly in novice groups worrying about their carbon fairings getting a bit of dust on them :lol::lol::lol:.

i should be safe from greif as most of them wont look at this as its 'only to do with "S's".

enjoy it.

clint 11-Oct-2004 15:26

I will join soon. Iam trading in my 03, 749 for a 999s 2005 model. Hoping it will arrive late November/December.
Cant wait.:roll:

dave w 11-Oct-2004 16:07

Quote:

Originally posted by dickieducati

the 'R' class is all very well but you tend to find it mostly consists of people who would like to be fast, but arnt. seen mainly in novice groups worrying about their carbon fairings getting a bit of dust on them :lol::lol::lol:.

ahem cough... wrong there mate ;) You did still want first shout on those ( cast off's ) BST's from my cast aside 999s ????:lol::lol::lol::P

dickieducati 11-Oct-2004 16:20

i cant believe that...........someone got it on my password and posted an incorrect message under my name. the cheek of it!;)

out of interest why you not putting them on your splendid 'R'?

dave w 11-Oct-2004 18:09

Quote:

Originally posted by dickieducati
i cant believe that...........someone got it on my password and posted an incorrect message under my name. the cheek of it!;)

out of interest why you not putting them on your splendid 'R'?

:lol::lol::lol::lol::lol:

Still not ridden the bike yet to see whether or not the Marchesini's make the bike handle as well as the BST's ( hence my indecisiveness about selling )

Once it has had a good old thrashing ( being careful not to get the ole panels too dusty :P ) I will make my mind up and you will be first to know !

chief 17-Oct-2004 19:27

Dickiducati,
Very elietist mate, the "R" is the one for people with taste :P

As for Novice and poofs riding them, take a look at Ferrari Pete's fairing after Redgate at Donnington Park :devil:

nathanhu 17-Oct-2004 20:24

need a bit more pre- load on the rear more like:P:P

andyb 17-Oct-2004 20:45

Mind you, there aint many from the R group, whinging on the S group page though! :roll::lol: