Ducati Sporting Club UK

Ducati Sporting Club UK (/msgboard.php)
-   Trackdays & Race Schools (/forumdisplay.php?f=77)
-   -   Snetterton 300 9 April (/showthread.php?t=92014)

bradders 02-Apr-2012 09:22

Snetterton 300 9 April

Anyone else coming for a little run out? Hoping glorious sun rather than April showers

steeevvvooo 02-Apr-2012 21:48

Quote:

Originally Posted by bradders
Anyone else coming for a little run out? Hoping glorious sun rather than April showers

Me! Hoping to try and chase you round for a bit at least :D praying for good weather...

bradders 03-Apr-2012 09:32

Phil will be out in novice (!) and Spence in inters with me, think Craig is in fast

hoping my notes from last year are still relevant on the new bike, make it so much easier! Funny enouigh they were at brands once I got my speed up and grew a pair thru surtees...

Walshie 03-Apr-2012 13:06

Quote:

Im going, booked into the intermediates :)
Ive never done Snett before and also have only done about 150 miles on a ducati as well so should be very interesting day.
(cant find the symbol for bricking it so this will have to do!) :o

bradders 03-Apr-2012 17:44

om a 1098 Walsie? We'll be on the tatty old Ducati monster race bikes with 52/60 hp so wont be worrying your beast ;)

...and probably under a big red gazebo if the garages are full!

come say hello :)

Walshie 03-Apr-2012 20:52

I will definitely come and find you. I will be the nervous looking one wobbling round :)

848spence 06-Apr-2012 18:26

Weathers not looking too good now.
http://metcheck.com/V40/UK/FREE/dayf...p?zipcode=NR16 2JU&day=3

steeevvvooo 08-Apr-2012 07:01

NBC weather looks pretty dire too:mad:

My bike doesn't like the wet... Misfired and threw me off at Oulton last wet outing :eek:

bradders 08-Apr-2012 10:46

It's all practice, and means track will not be as full. Can't imagine it being as busy with racers as oulton was given season has started

Bring some waterproofs

steeevvvooo 08-Apr-2012 14:28

I'm still undecided. Don't have a waterproof suit (always use textiles on the road when the weather is dodgy so never needed one before)

I know it's all practice, and wet practice is useful, but can't see it being much fun from the weather report :( also don't fancy risking another spill and repairs :eek: :o

steeevvvooo 08-Apr-2012 14:41

Call me a wuss by all means... But look at this first:

http://www.myweather2.com/Motor-Raci...it.aspx?sday=1

100% cloud all day
16-23 mph wind
Rain clouds all day

:o :mad:

bradders 08-Apr-2012 17:02

You've paid so, in pieman fashion, don't be a pussy; see you there :)

steeevvvooo 09-Apr-2012 17:29

Weather was crap but got through the morning at least. Looking forward to the race, just hope it's dry!

Hope the afternoon was ok for Phil and Bradders who dragged the elements :)

bradders 09-Apr-2012 21:28

wasnt too bad a day after all, although running a fox over at 0425, nearly running out of fuel as the local station wouldnt take my fuel card, narrow escape at ahem speed joining M3 as plod clearly on overtime joined behind...and nicked the geezer behind! No garage space, pi$$ing with rain, total w4anker of a noise tester - 7k revs, 103.7?! ****! Oil light flicking on lightly then coming on flat out down bentley straight, sitting in an hours traffic within 5 miles of circuit on that bloomin road!!

but actually was a good day :) bike felt ace, reckon I went far quicker limping round in track mode than race mode last year (same conditions), and first time ever enjoyed riding in the wet :D

apologies to the guy who came over to say hi - I probably came across as pretty rude but we were on our way somewhere and as much as I love to stad and chat (ask anyone!) I dont when its peeing down and outside and I'm wet :)

skidlids 09-Apr-2012 22:26

No major disasters for the DD Guys then, thats always good to hear

848spence 10-Apr-2012 08:23

Well I mananed a lap and a half. Something seriously wrong with my bike after the crash at brands, but there is nothing obvious. So 3 hours drive there 4 1/2 back, 3/4 of tank of fuel, £90 trackday, arse of a noise tester 103.7!!!

What a good day :lol:

At least i have found out now and not on test day before race.:rolleyes:

bradders 10-Apr-2012 10:46

we only did 2 more sessions after you went, and I only did a couple of laps as my oil light kept coming on...lots of oil so wonder what that is?!

Ghost 10-Apr-2012 11:15

Quote:

we only did 2 more sessions after you went, and I only did a couple of laps as my oil light kept coming on...lots of oil so wonder what that is?!

Probably/more than likely a duff switch, change it or put a direct feed gauge in place of the switch to read the pressure directly.

bradders 10-Apr-2012 11:20

wondered if it was because its wet. Light was on very faintly until last session when flat out it came ping on. Bike seems to run ok, and oil level fine

Whats a direct feed, where do I get one and how do I chnage it?!

Ghost 10-Apr-2012 11:25

Quote:

wondered if it was because its wet. Light was on very faintly until last session when flat out it came ping on. Bike seems to run ok, and oil level fine

Whats a direct feed, where do I get one and how do I chnage it?!

Just a union to screw in, in place of the pressure switch, which has a pipe connected to a guage. Most sevice garages or handy mechanic should have one. I have one here, but I'm not very handy, geographically speaking. :D

Ghost 10-Apr-2012 11:31

Personally I'd be worried and you ought to ride it like Miss Daisey, so you don't hurt it any more. :lol:

bradders 10-Apr-2012 11:46

TBH I was amazed to be hiiting 9k in top in those conditions at the end of bently and 8k on the start/finish. And I was riding like Daisy ;)

Think I may try a 15t front and see if it can pull...

Walshie 10-Apr-2012 12:26

I stuck it out till lunchtime and did 3 sessions but went home at lunchtime ish.
I did try and come over but we were all in inters i think and i spent most of my time huddled in the garage trying to stay warm.
Snetterton seemed like a really good track though, just a lot wet!! :o

bradders 10-Apr-2012 13:08

saw a couple of 1098s but none out on track, you have that Bayliss Rep?

Gbyte666 10-Apr-2012 13:38

Quote:

When I raced ( I use that term loosely ) Her Paul that light would be on faint first thing on a dewy morning and on full when wet.

Craig

bradders 10-Apr-2012 13:44

did it have any problems Craog or did you just live with it? Didnt happen that I can remember at Oulton, although no fairing then so maybe I just didnt see it...

Walshie 10-Apr-2012 15:29

Quote:

saw a couple of 1098s but none out on track, you have that Bayliss Rep?

Yes, that was me wobbling round on road tyres clenching the seat!!!!
I really liked the track, cant wait to go back in the dry:)

bradders 10-Apr-2012 17:41

nice bike, and very brave!!

steeevvvooo 10-Apr-2012 18:26

Quote:

nice bike, and very brave!!

+1

remember thinking the same when I saw your bike... absolutely gorgeous! :D

Were you the guy I asked for directions out of the carpark (doesn't bode well for racing, I know)? I was in the black CLK... nice to meet you if so. I was cold, wet and a bit miserable so apologies if I wasn't overly friendly :lol:

bradders 10-Apr-2012 19:42

Quote:

Originally Posted by steeevvvooo
+1

remember thinking the same when I saw your bike... absolutely gorgeous! :D

Were you the guy I asked for directions out of the carpark (doesn't bode well for racing, I know)? I was in the black CLK... nice to meet you if so. I was cold, wet and a bit miserable so apologies if I wasn't overly friendly :lol:

That guy (see above!) had an s2r