Ducati Sporting Club UK

Ducati Sporting Club UK (/msgboard.php)
-   998 / 996 / 916 / 748 (/forumdisplay.php?f=85)
-   -   Dzus fairing bolts. Where can I get some? (/showthread.php?t=21670)

zhed44 10-Sep-2005 23:55

Dzus fairing bolts. Where can I get some?

The Dzus fasteners on my 748 were quite dull so I bought a set from eBay but they are much bigger and don't look right. The seller has offered me a refund, so no real probs. I've now managed to polish up all but 2 of the originals which were too oxidised to save.

So I now need to buy 2 fasteners of the smaller type - where can I get some please?

Thanks

HW 11-Sep-2005 00:00

Several places, prices depend on material and whether they are original Dzus etc.

Pro-bolt actually do some titanium ones at £12 each if you're wealthy. I got some chrome plated ones from Preformace Motorcycle Parts that did the job. Came with nylon washers and the clip part too in a pack of 8 for £12. Fast delivery, I'd use them again. I tihnk they were available in Cad plate too for the original look.

http://www.performancemotorcycleparts.co.uk/

zhed44 11-Sep-2005 00:20

thanks - just had a look at that site, but their bolts look like they're a different shape to the ones i have.

attached pic is of one of the existing fasteners.

HW 11-Sep-2005 00:28

Hard to tell from your photo. The ones I got from PMP had a screwdriver slot in the middle. They look fine, depends on how particular you are about it.

doogalman 11-Sep-2005 09:09

The original ones used on the ducatis are the best fit in my opinion. Any good ducati dealer should have some Normally about £5 each . Not expensive if you only need a couple, but seems well pricey when you need to replace all of them.

itexuk 11-Sep-2005 09:32

Bought mine of E Bay and fit is OK, Stem is 18mm total length 22mm

breakout 11-Sep-2005 15:26

probolt titanium duzus fasteners

Quote:

Originally posted by HW
Several places, prices depend on material and whether they are original Dzus etc.
pro bolt dzus fasteners are too expensive , have excessive amount of cutting chatter and are not indexed as are the original ones , so look very untidy as the' handles' point all over the place I sent mine back!!!
Pro-bolt actually do some titanium ones at £12 each if you're wealthy. I got some chrome plated ones from Preformace Motorcycle Parts that did the job. Came with nylon washers and the clip part too in a pack of 8 for £12. Fast delivery, I'd use them again. I tihnk they were available in Cad plate too for the original look.

http://www.performancemotorcycleparts.co.uk/

tetol 12-Sep-2005 14:41

ive got duzus type titanium x 20 for sale unused open to offers

Crunchy 12-Sep-2005 14:47

Try these http://www.norton-sp.com/ I bought a set from them recently and was very pleased. They often sell stuff on Fleebay UK so ship to England. They can even do 24ct Gold Dzus if you can afford it:smug: