Ducati Sporting Club UK

Ducati Sporting Club UK (/msgboard.php)
-   Race (/forumdisplay.php?f=78)
-   -   Toseland to Petronas (/showthread.php?t=11171)

yeti 19-Oct-2004 16:47

Toseland to Petronas

Don't ask where I got this, but I'm assured it's very creditable.

JPM 19-Oct-2004 16:49

Now that's not a step in the right direction at all for JT

I guess in Troy comes back, and Ducati want to keep Laconi, what else can he do?

Also looks like Haga is confirmed for Yamaha in WSB next year now.

yeti 19-Oct-2004 16:53

Quote:

Originally posted by jpmercer
Now that's not a step in the right direction at all for JT

I dunno, I reckon old Foghorn would look after him and gee him up when needed, and a triple is only one more cylinder than a twin, so it's not a big jump! ;)

dickieducati 19-Oct-2004 16:55

that will do JT no good at all. would love to be proved wrong and see him do well but think it is highly unlikely.

Steve M 19-Oct-2004 16:58

I've just won the world championship, now I'll go to midfield obscurity - somehow I think not.

yellowisfriedegg 19-Oct-2004 16:58

sounds highly unlikely :puzzled:

TP 19-Oct-2004 17:05

That would be a VERY BAD move!!!

yeti 19-Oct-2004 17:29

Maybe not such a bad move if you got no other real choice tho.

Totally agree with you all about the midfield move, but nobody else seems to rushing around waving chequebooks at him right at this moment.

Personally, I would like to see him move on, cos I've always felt his talent was hidden a little by the fact that the Duc was THE bike to have last year.

Guido 19-Oct-2004 23:57

My gut reaction is no way....

The lad can't be that desperate..and let's face it....Despite all the money Petronas have, they obviously aren't lobbing it all CF's way.

For some reason I feel he may return to the now confirmed GSE BSB squad. Familliar territory, high profile series, access to MotoGP, team he won his first WSB race with etc, etc.

Put that up against Foggy and well, no choice in my view.....

Iconic944ss 20-Oct-2004 10:58

Bad move for Tose - lets face it the FP1 is still in development but after Hodgeson's move into MotoGP I cant help thing he will stay with WSBK for another year.

Hard to believe that Ducati would let 'their' world champion go without a VERY good reason.

Where does it leave Petronas though? Two world class riders both leaving the same team - I think either some big cheque waving or a very good development rider is needed.

Frank