Ducati Sporting Club UK

Ducati Sporting Club UK (/msgboard.php)
-   999 / 749 (/forumdisplay.php?f=84)
-   -   High intensity headlight bulbs (/showthread.php?t=38745)

everton 11-Nov-2006 18:16

High intensity headlight bulbs

Anybody upgraded their headlight bulbs on the 999?

The stock light on the 999 is way better than the old fashioned 996 but I could still do with a bit more light.

Any bright ideas :rolleyes: :D

audicdl 11-Nov-2006 18:48

I've not done this but would like to when finances permit. High intensity discharge bulbs sound the way to go, you know, them really bright things that you see on posh cars! There's a website from a company called HIDs4U or something similar who sell them for cars and bikes. Also you can get em on ebay.

everton 11-Nov-2006 22:47

Quote:

Originally Posted by audicdl
I've not done this but would like to when finances permit. High intensity discharge bulbs sound the way to go, you know, them really bright things that you see on posh cars! There's a website from a company called HIDs4U or something similar who sell them for cars and bikes. Also you can get em on ebay.

Ta for that ... I'll see what I can find out.

bike mad 16-Nov-2006 15:32

I have cheaper way to make the lights better, not as good as hid but 30%brighter than standard, Xenon plus, and it's about £400 cheaper than hid and theres no large boxs to put on your bike like the transformers of the hid set up,
:flame: :burn: :burn:

itexuk 16-Nov-2006 20:55

Link to E Bay item
http://cgi.ebay.co.uk/ws/eBayISAPI.d... promot_widget

bike mad 23-Nov-2006 01:26

good price but I did not see a hp3 in the bulbs, if you if a HID set up let the site know what you think,
or are you going to do what I did and fit standed xenons,
ps it's a real shame the HID's are 35w and not 60w,
a 60w HID now that would be bright,