Ducati Sporting Club UK

Ducati Sporting Club UK (/msgboard.php)
-   DesmoDue - General Questions and Chat (/forumdisplay.php?f=107)
-   -   bhp (/showthread.php?t=15520)

tetol 22-Mar-2005 20:18

bhp

i see dave harris posted 51 bhp for his bike not sure what dave's running but is this what we should be expecting anyone else dynoed their bike.

domski 22-Mar-2005 20:21

That sounds like a 583 engine.

I know of a 58bhp bike, that's with standard pipes and a Big Bore.

I think 60-62 ish will be a good figure from a 620 or a sorted Big Bore.

the old man 22-Mar-2005 23:05

have heard of a standard 620 producing high 50's and would expect a well sorted one to be low 60's. would be surprised if a well sorted 583 with big bore can better this.

skidlids 23-Mar-2005 00:36

looks like i'll be about 6 to 10bhp down on a fair few of the entrants then. Still thats what you get when racing on a budget. So far my whole project has cost £40 more than the tuning work & parts on my GSXR600.

phoenix n max 23-Mar-2005 09:26

Quote:

Originally posted by skidlids
looks like i'll be about 6 to 10bhp down on a fair few of the entrants then..

Ditto !

NBs996 23-Mar-2005 09:31

But can the figures be compared between bikes?
What's the variation between all the different dyno's used?

phoenix n max 23-Mar-2005 11:41

Not sure how much difference it will make Nick - I was out yesterday and I felt I had an advantage out of corners on my ickle 600 as I could twist the throttle hard and not worry about spinning the rear where as they were having to be careful on a damp track.
I guess it's true what you blokes say - It's not size (cc's) that matter it's how you use it ;)

DAVE HARRIS 24-Mar-2005 09:49

My bike has the big bore kit but had only run for about 20 minuites before the dyno run, fuelling is ok power curve is good and the torque curve is good It may be just a tight engine. When i have done some miles on it and a couple of races i will reasses the situation and will set the squish and dial in the cams if neccarsary!!

dave

Rattler 24-Mar-2005 09:57

Quote:

Originally posted by NBs996
But can the figures be compared between bikes?
What's the variation between all the different dyno's used?

Not sure it matters really, you kinda get what you're given. You make what mods you deem fit or affordable to you and then line up. Power is a factor, but not as important as rider ability.

Was it Barry Sheene who said "When the flag drops, the bullshiit stops" ???

Bring it on!
Tim

Lily 24-Mar-2005 10:00

Does the bhp really make that much difference?

I did a track day on saturday and spent most of my sessions dicing with a guy on a classic with approx 80bhp less than me.

OK, so he has raced the manx etc, but it goes to show that its 80% rider and 20% bike!!

Can we start a sweepstake on who will win?