Ducati Sporting Club UK

Ducati Sporting Club UK (/msgboard.php)
-   Panigale: V4 / V2 / 1299 / 1199 / 959 / 899 (/forumdisplay.php?f=218)
-   -   Who's got one ?? (/showthread.php?t=109244)

DEMON 19-May-2012 12:29

Who's got one ??

I ordered one for delivery in May and now been told its going to be August.
Who out there has one and what are they like ?

numbskull 19-May-2012 18:43

Good so far!!

skidlids 19-May-2012 19:13

Quote:

Originally Posted by numbskull
Good so far!!

Does that mean you got it home safely

virtualtwit 19-May-2012 19:24

Ordered one ????
Ordered an "S" back in November,
Delivery expected 2 weeks into April this year,
Delivery delayed, should be end of April,
Delivery again delayed due to snow/inclement weather in Italy,
from Ducati, Italy,
"bikes ordered for April delivery will now be despatched (from the factory) end of April" dealer says - allow 10 days for transport from Italy to us,which would be 10th of May then ? WRONG
19th May - still no fuc***g bike - and no sign of it either !
Totally pi55ed off, another week and I'm off to order an Aprilia RSV4
From the info I have been given, there have been quite a few cancellations - some due to the fact that potential buyers can't sell/not getting the money they are asking for their old bikes, and, I think the delay in bikes arriving is just fuc***g people off ?

numbskull 19-May-2012 19:35

Where did you order it from?

bradders 19-May-2012 21:04

After watching a racing one last week, think std exhaust better as the sound was not Ducati with the racing termi, didn't even sound like a twin, the ne foggy rode sounded much better

virtualtwit 20-May-2012 17:38

Answer to numbskull,
Laguna Motorcycles in Ashford, Kent, going to ring them in the morning, (Monday) find out what the latest "delay" excuse is ???

numbskull 20-May-2012 19:53

My base model was due April, but i got it this weekend.

The S version seemed to be on schedule from what I could make out from Parkinsons.

Might be worth a phone around to see if there were any available elsewhere sooner, or if they have all sold till August?

kingfixer 21-May-2012 10:12

I have had my 'S' for about a month now, about 870 miles so far. 1st service done last week, i just need work and other things to stop getting in the way so i can get out more !! ;)

virtualtwit 21-May-2012 12:24

Latest "news"
Dealer has ordered a total of 9 bikes (various models) from Ducati UK,
Checked this morning and the dealer is showing NO bikes allocated for delivery from Ducati UK ????
Figure that one out !
It's now become a big fu**ing JOKE - ****ed off is an understatement !

bradders 21-May-2012 13:06

try another dealer?

DEMON 21-May-2012 13:38

Virtual...thats a bummer mate, all that bull about your bike delivery...not good.
I was told end of May, now August. Mine maybe up for grabs if you are interested, cos I've signed a deal which takes me away for 3 years from the UK, if not ill keep it unregistered til i get home.

Kingfisher....are they as good as ? Im test riding one shortly and the dealer is excellent, J&L in carlisle...

did it come with a paddock stand ??

numbskull 21-May-2012 13:40

Parkinsons have 1 'S' available in July.

benF04 22-May-2012 10:56

Im pretty sure that I saw one on the way home from work yesterday but I could have been imagining it.

My 'S' is supposed to be arriving in July but Im not over confident of that given everyones experience so far.

kingfixer 22-May-2012 11:14

Quote:

Originally Posted by DEMON
Virtual...thats a bummer mate, all that bull about your bike delivery...not good.
I was told end of May, now August. Mine maybe up for grabs if you are interested, cos I've signed a deal which takes me away for 3 years from the UK, if not ill keep it unregistered til i get home.

Kingfisher....are they as good as ? Im test riding one shortly and the dealer is excellent, J&L in carlisle...

did it come with a paddock stand ??

Hi,

Its a fantastic bike and i love it, it does have niggles though.
Mine didn't come with anything, a bit poor on Ducatis behalf considering it costs £20,000.
The suspension is the main problem for me, the spring is very hard on the rear shock, which ever setting i have it in it's still very hard. !!
Still need to faff about with it, some guys have put new springs in to soften it up.

antonye 22-May-2012 11:17

Riders of Bristol have an 1199S for sale:

benF04 22-May-2012 15:32

The Riders bike has been sold.

bazzer sps 22-May-2012 17:23

1199s for sale

Quote:

Originally Posted by benF04
The Riders bike has been sold.

Ducat Wolverhampton had a S for sale last week check out their website www.ductiwolverhampton.com
Tell them bazzer told you !
Ciao

virtualtwit 23-May-2012 22:04

I think, to be fair, it isn't ALL the dealers fault ?? (said with tongue in cheek)
The rep came down to the dealers and managed to sort things out, to a degree ? I'm convinced (perhaps wrongly) that the bigger dealers have a bit more "clout" in the pecking order ? that could be why the early "S"s have gone that way ??? (only my guess mind)
Dealer (with the Ducati rep stood beside him) says 2nd week in June,
I took the demo out this afternoon, 'kin 'ell - what a bit of kit !
Very nimble, it does lack the initial "uumph" from low down that the 1098 gives, but - when it gets going - it flies, quick shifter responds better in "track" mode, though it takes a bit of getting used to - the habit of backing the trottle off to change up can sit you forward a bit, and hurt your ******** when going down the box ! ! but - practice will cure that ?
As you can tell - all is forgiven, IT IS/WILL BE WORTH THE WAIT
If only I was blessed with patience !

Stealth 31-May-2012 18:08

I just spoke with Ducati Manchester and asked when I would be likely to get an S if I put in an order now. Very helpful staff but I was told the factory was not producing post earthquake and I would have to join the queue of 20 or so people. Late Summer was suggested a delivery time (does that mean September/October?)

Possibly not Ducati's fault but if you are going to shell out 20K plus the £1K for obligatory Termis, you want to enjoy the bike this summer not a year after launch.At least that's how I feel.

As an alternative , I am seriously considering the RSV4 aprc which I test rode the other day (I have had a test on a Panigale S too).

I have to say that I really liked the RSV4 engine and how it felt. Although I felt it wasn't as fast as the Ducati it did feel like a bike I would use everyday and enjoy.

Still keeping the 998R though.

I'm just saying.....

kingfixer 01-Jun-2012 08:33

Quote:

Originally Posted by Stealth
I just spoke with Ducati Manchester and asked when I would be likely to get an S if I put in an order now. Very helpful staff but I was told the factory was not producing post earthquake and I would have to join the queue of 20 or so people. Late Summer was suggested a delivery time (does that mean September/October?)

Possibly not Ducati's fault but if you are going to shell out 20K plus the £1K for obligatory Termis, you want to enjoy the bike this summer not a year after launch.At least that's how I feel.

As an alternative , I am seriously considering the RSV4 aprc which I test rode the other day (I have had a test on a Panigale S too).

I have to say that I really liked the RSV4 engine and how it felt. Although I felt it wasn't as fast as the Ducati it did feel like a bike I would use everyday and enjoy.

Still keeping the 998R though.

I'm just saying.....

Im with you on the RSV4 front it is a fantastic bike, just mine was a bit of a lemon and kept breaking down or had problems. Must admit though the Pani is mega fun.

Stealth 01-Jun-2012 14:04

Quote:

Originally Posted by kingfixer
Im with you on the RSV4 front it is a fantastic bike, just mine was a bit of a lemon and kept breaking down or had problems. Must admit though the Pani is mega fun.

Interested in your experience of the RSV4's reliability. Can you tell me more about the problems you had? Could be crucial as my decision on which to buy is getting closer.

Cheers

virtualtwit 02-Jun-2012 22:38

Digging round and found this ????

Ducati‘s factory in Bologna, Italy, was undamaged in last weekend’s 6.0-magnitude earthquake but production may still be affected by a shortage of parts.

The May 20 earthquake struck the Emilia-Romagna region of northern Italy, about 22 miles north of Bologna. The earthquake claimed seven lives and left thousands homeless. The region continues to be afflicted by aftershocks.

Ducati‘s Borgo Panigale factory was not directly affected by the earthquake but the same cannot be said of some of Ducati’s local parts suppliers. Ducati Chief Executive Officer Gabriele Del Torchio tells Italy’s Corriere di Bologna Ducati is in contact with its suppliers and monitoring the situation.

Key concerns for Ducati are the Scacchetti Foundry which suffered severe structural damage, and TMM di Finale Emilia which produces exhaust systems. The Scacchetti Foundry also produces material for Ferrari but the automaker has offered to relocate workers to other facilities to continue work.

Last year, the Big Four Japanese manufacturers Honda, Kawasaki, Suzuki and Yamaha saw disruptions in production due to the March 11, 2011 Tōhoku earthquake.

Stealth 07-Jun-2012 11:12

Done the deed.

Just ordered a Panigale S - apparently it will be with me next week.....

Here's hoping!

antonye 07-Jun-2012 11:29

Quote:

Good work!
Let us know what you think of it!

kingfixer 08-Jun-2012 08:25

Quote:

Done the deed.

Here's hoping!

Superb choice mate.

virtualtwit 12-Jun-2012 18:08

Stealth,
Have you picked up your "S" yet ?
Would be interested in the deatails, order date and delivey/collection dates.
Still waiting for my "S", phoned dealer AGAIN today, he's had a triccy and a standard delivered yesterday, but no S ?

cheers,

Stealth 12-Jun-2012 22:51

Quote:

Originally Posted by virtualtwit
Stealth,
Have you picked up your "S" yet ?
Would be interested in the deatails, order date and delivey/collection dates.
Still waiting for my "S", phoned dealer AGAIN today, he's had a triccy and a standard delivered yesterday, but no S ?

cheers,

Its being delivered Friday (to me that is). It is already at Ducati Leeds and having PDI and Full Termi system fitted.

I ordered it last week (Thursday).

virtualtwit 13-Jun-2012 19:34

At last,
Dealer rang (twice) today, My "S" is showing on the system, delivery due Monday 25th June,
Ebike insurance quote, £404 fully comp, nil vol excess, legal cover etc, for 12 months cover,
That - gentlemen, fingers crossed, will be me then !
virtualtwit.

antonye 13-Jun-2012 19:51

Quote:

At last,
Dealer rang (twice) today, My "S" is showing on the system, delivery due Monday 25th June,
Ebike insurance quote, £404 fully comp, nil vol excess, legal cover etc, for 12 months cover,
virtualtwit.

That is a cracking deal!

Stealth 14-Jun-2012 06:39

Quote:

At last,
virtualtwit.

Excellent outcome.
Be good to compare notes when the beast arrives.

benF04 14-Jun-2012 08:16

Indeed.. A brilliant deal, they wouldn't even quote for the Tricolore.