Ducati Sporting Club UK

Ducati Sporting Club UK (/msgboard.php)
-   Sport Touring: ST4 / ST3 / ST2 (/forumdisplay.php?f=86)
-   -   Dzus fastners (/showthread.php?t=13)

Aotearoa 12-May-2003 09:45

Dzus fastners

Has anybody fitted Dzus? ( think thats the name?! ) to an ST fairing ? and where do you get them from?
They look like they would make battery maintenance a lot quicker!

Paul James 12-May-2003 10:21

Having just done a full service on my ST I have to say that the way it's fairings fit are the biggest down side to the ST. You listening in Ducati!!. Trouble is I still love riding it.

Not sure that all the fastener positions would lend themselves to fitting Dzus types, if you are succesful please let us know.

Rushjob 12-May-2003 11:27

There has been a lot of discussion on this by our Colonial Cousins across the Pond on the Yahoo ST group.
If you take a peek in their archives, there's loads about it, including ordering info in the files section if my memory serves me right.
One thing that struck me was the fact that the supplier they had to get all of the bits from was in Scotland.
Andy

Lazarus 15-Jan-2011 11:22

Thread Revived - After 8 years!

I am looking to change a 2006 ST3s over to DZUS and it seems incredible that I've had to revive a thread some 8 years later - Goes to prove there still so little on ST conversions.

That said, I have browsed the web and noted a few ST4 units that have been transformed but I have found nothing on the ST3/ST3s.

It's a shame because I think it would be a great mod.

I'm really after the details regarding types, quantities of clips and any problems experienced during the fit.

If I ever get to do it then I hope to produce a small photo-story for the benefit of others. As with everything though, it's all about time!

Cheers.

-LaZ-