Ducati Sporting Club UK

Ducati Sporting Club UK (/msgboard.php)
-   999 / 749 (/forumdisplay.php?f=84)
-   -   Termi's Vs Standard Exhaust (/showthread.php?t=38765)

sbwells 12-Nov-2006 01:59

Termi's Vs Standard Exhaust

I've had the asymetric termi system on my '04 749S since new but am looking at selling. I've fitted the standard muffler, header, air filters but left the performane ECU in the bike. Strangly enough the bloody thing seems to go better with the standard muffler.

It's never wheelied under throttle in first gear with the Termi's but now does it with the standard muffler. What's the story with that then?

$3,500.00 NZD for something that only adds noise and w@nk factor?

sbwells 15-Nov-2006 08:44

On second thoughts it was only because the bike was well low on gas. With the ECU changed over the bike it isn't as free in the upper rev range.

I take back my last post. Not that anyone replied anyway.

Dibble 15-Nov-2006 08:59

Quote:

Originally Posted by sbwells
I take back my last post. Not that anyone replied anyway.

We were all asleep mate, give us a chance ... and glad you sorted it .... :)

misterpink 15-Nov-2006 12:52

no we weren't ...we were hung over from celebrating the demolition job the allblacks did on the frenchies - roll on world cup 2007 : ) ...back to the exhaust though - extra performance is good, but noise and w@nk factor are OK too!

dickieducati 15-Nov-2006 12:58

yep, noise and w@nk factor for me everytime!

bike mad 16-Nov-2006 15:19

just goes to show why you should of got a pc111 and a map, power is more gas a air in but the right %:eureka: , and you can't tell me you think the air goes though the standed pipe as fast as it can the termi system:puzzled: .
all that time you could of had all that power and you didunt know it,:lol: :lol:

sbwells 16-Nov-2006 21:13

I know what I'm gonna do.......

Trade it for a 1098

TRPL_9 16-Nov-2006 23:40

Agreed I was thinking the same thing. :)

testastretta 17-Nov-2006 10:16

Hi - I have just fitted Termi 57mm full race system to my 749R, bike alrady had Power Commander so I also downloaded appropriate map from Dynojet web-site. However, to get best out of the improvement potential from the new system, needs better breathing capability going in (the inhales as well as the exhales !) - I cant afford to get heads gas-flowed which is the next logical step in my case and in truth after that bike should be set up on a Dyno for correct fuel mapping throughout the rev range, done by someone who knows their stuff. That can take 6 hours if its done properly. In the meantime, I do get a little better performance at the top end but the music, oh the music..... Cheers for now

chief 17-Nov-2006 17:47

I have 57mm Termi and a few other trinketts on my Baby R ....my power commander runs the engine map off a Formula 3000 single seater.....set by Mr Hackett him self.... runs a treat