Ducati Sporting Club UK

Ducati Sporting Club UK (/msgboard.php)
-   Race (/forumdisplay.php?f=78)
-   -   Easton on 749R (/showthread.php?t=12164)

Henners 02-Dec-2004 01:00

Easton on 749R

Stuart Easton has signed a deal to ride a Ducati 749R in next years British Supersport Championship.

Easton, who rode for the JH Performance Ducati Coventry Team in 2004 has agreed a deal with his team boss of last year, John Hackett and new team partner Phil Jessopp of Ducati Bristol that will see him pilot a Ducati 749R throughout the season in the newly formed team. The 2002 British Supersport Champion will be joined by new team member Martin Jessop who moves up to British Supersport after his debut season in Superstock last year where he contested the championship on a Ducati 999.

Stuart commented on his appointment, "I'm really pleased to sign for a full season on board the 749R. Last year was a tough season, but switching back to the Supersport Championship and jumping on a bike as competitive as the 749R really boosted my confidence. I really believe we have the potential to be a serious title contender in 2005."

The team, who are still yet to be officially named, will have official support from Ducati UK.

skidlids 02-Dec-2004 01:12

Even more to look forward to next season, I thought he did really well on the 749R last season, lets hope the bike is still a front runner next year and with Karl Harris moving to Superbikes Rat Boy could be in with a chance

Ozz 02-Dec-2004 09:28

Cracking rider. Will be good to see him back on competitive stuff for a full season.

baylissboy 02-Dec-2004 09:44

Yes,good news indeed!! I was talking to John & Rick at JHP the other day,they're really excited & fired up for a good year with Stuart!!
A proven championship winner on a competitive bike,tuned/set up by a class team,should give Ducati fans something to cheer in the supersport class!!

Steve M 02-Dec-2004 12:26

Weeksy - a tenner says he finishes the season top 3 - is it a bet?

JPM 02-Dec-2004 12:43

Had a chat with John about the 749R last time I was down there, the main problem from what I can figure was tyres, the bike was the fastest thing in the class, but the tyres were spinning on the rims from the datalogging, they switched to Dunlops, and were 2 seconds a lap quicker within 5 laps!

Steve M 02-Dec-2004 12:56

Good lad

baylissboy 02-Dec-2004 13:01

Quote:

Originally posted by STEVE M
Does your missus know you are taking risks with such a large amount of money???:lol:

Steve M 02-Dec-2004 13:08

Quote:

Originally posted by baylissboy
Quote:

Does your missus know you are taking risks with such a large amount of money???:lol:

If I win it's McDonalds on the the way home for me and you, if I lose (which I won't) it's coming out of our BSB donut fund.

baylissboy 02-Dec-2004 13:15

Quote:

Quote:

Originally posted by baylissboy
Quote:

If I win it's McDonalds on the the way home for me and you, if I lose (which I won't) it's coming out of our BSB donut fund.
So let me get this right,you're taking the risk with OUR donut fund,not YOUR tenner!! Don't know if i like the thought of that,afterall i've got my fatboy figure to look after!!
Best hope you don't lose or else i'll be falling down grid holes!!:lol: