Ducati Sporting Club UK

Ducati Sporting Club UK (/msgboard.php)
-   851 / 888 (/forumdisplay.php?f=99)
-   -   Managed to find this................. (/showthread.php?t=22243)

sparkin 26-Sep-2005 23:17

Indicater switch is missing:lol:

Felix 26-Sep-2005 23:18

Coolant hoses were black, rear caliper is suspect, as is rear master cyclinder.

sparkin 26-Sep-2005 23:20

Yep,looks like samco hoses,take `em off and refit originals,then send Samcos to me:eureka:;):D

logyk 26-Sep-2005 23:26

Now we are getting somewhere......the hoses are wrong as is the colour of the rear caliper....may be the right caliper underneath the paint.

Brembo levers are correct I am told as are the brakes (but I will double check).

The wheels are the wrong colour ....should be gold ...but what the hell ....I think they look great in black.

Still at least two possible more wrong uns.

Monty 27-Sep-2005 00:17

She's lovely Phil, but the question is-how did you prise her out of John's hands, and is that his old race bike he was re-building??

John

Motobee 27-Sep-2005 05:10

Congratulations! Welcome to the club!

It looks like a great bike, but I think that it is either a 1994 model year 888, or it is a 1993 that has had a lot of 1994 parts put on it.

The instrument cluster is a '94 version with the on/off switch on the side. The '93 version has the switch on the front.

The 5-spoke wheels and narrow band brake rotors are '94 spec, the '93 would have had 3-spoke wheels with large offset brake rotors.

The tail section is a closed back end '94 spec, the '93 version is open with a dummy tail light assembly.

The mufflers appear to be the long '94 spec, although the right side muffler has multiple weld seams in the inlet pipe, which is not original.

The rear brake caliper bracket is anchored to the swingarm, '94 style. A '93 bracket has a carbon fiber rod that anchors to a bracket bolted to the engine cases.

The hoop for the rear suspension is painted bronze frame color, '94 spec. A '93 has a yellow hoop.

Is has an Ohlins steering damper, only 1994's had these.

It has carbon fiber end caps on the swingarm 1994 spec, in '93 they were gold anodized aluminum.

However, there are two things that seem to indicate that it is a 1993 bike:
The rear shock doesn't have a remote hydraulic preload adjuster, a '94 bike would have this.
There is no tip-over switch for the fuel injection system, a '94 bike would have this as well.

There are many other subtle differences, but I can't tell because the images are too small, and the bodywork covers them up.

What is the chassis number of the bike? You should be able to see it on the headstock tube through the right air duct, if you look with a flashlight.

Enjoy your new toy, you are a lucky man!

Brian

Motobee 27-Sep-2005 05:41

One thing to keep in mind is that these bikes were handbuilt in small batches by the racing department. The specification of the bikes was not set in stone,

So, the fact that your bike incorporates a large number of features normally found on a 1994 bike, may just mean that it is a very late 1993 bike.

Brian

loony888 27-Sep-2005 06:50

WOW!! what a f#*kin beauty! motobee is spot on about the differences, but what a bike!
i am soooo green right now! congratulations on a fine bike, it's nice to have taste. enjoy it!

Crunchy 27-Sep-2005 08:33

Quote:

Originally posted by Motobee
Congratulations! Welcome to the club!

It looks like a great bike, but I think that it is either a 1994 model year 888, or it is a 1993 that has had a lot of 1994 parts put on it.

The instrument cluster is a '94 version with the on/off switch on the side. The '93 version has the switch on the front.

The 5-spoke wheels and narrow band brake rotors are '94 spec, the '93 would have had 3-spoke wheels with large offset brake rotors.

The tail section is a closed back end '94 spec, the '93 version is open with a dummy tail light assembly.

The mufflers appear to be the long '94 spec, although the right side muffler has multiple weld seams in the inlet pipe, which is not original.

The rear brake caliper bracket is anchored to the swingarm, '94 style. A '93 bracket has a carbon fiber rod that anchors to a bracket bolted to the engine cases.

The hoop for the rear suspension is painted bronze frame color, '94 spec. A '93 has a yellow hoop.

Is has an Ohlins steering damper, only 1994's had these.

It has carbon fiber end caps on the swingarm 1994 spec, in '93 they were gold anodized aluminum.

However, there are two things that seem to indicate that it is a 1993 bike:
The rear shock doesn't have a remote hydraulic preload adjuster, a '94 bike would have this.
There is no tip-over switch for the fuel injection system, a '94 bike would have this as well.

There are many other subtle differences, but I can't tell because the images are too small, and the bodywork covers them up.

What is the chassis number of the bike? You should be able to see it on the headstock tube through the right air duct, if you look with a flashlight.

Enjoy your new toy, you are a lucky man!

Brian

.....and your bike has 153mm Ducati decals on it were as the '94 bike had 154mm:D:lol:

Rob B 27-Sep-2005 08:49

Very, very, nice, from JHP??