Ducati Sporting Club UK

Ducati Sporting Club UK (/msgboard.php)
-   DesmoDue - General Questions and Chat (/forumdisplay.php?f=107)
-   -   snetterton or india (/showthread.php?t=175181)

milesaway 13-Jan-2013 15:01

snetterton or india

looks like going to have to miss snett, but 3 months in india seems to be winning over a cold or wet march weekend- will be back in time for oulton though-

hoping to do some research and trial runs for enfield trips- in south first (goa kerela karnataka tamil nadu) in warm, then himalaya foothills (himachal pradesh) when warms up at end march

at last my cs hours finished and i'm a free man again- van is mot'd and bike had nearly all it's gonna get before season so should be back in smelly delhi again by end of week, shitting for england and looking for a bike

if goes well i will be looking for some folks silly enough to come on similar adventures next winter

Spjallen 13-Jan-2013 16:32

Great news! Glad you are all finished with that bit of your life.

The India adventure sounds brilliant and maybe Julie and I might give it a go - might take some convincing though!

For me, India wins.

bally71 13-Jan-2013 20:08

friend of mine did the highest pass (cant remember what it's called) on an enfield .. said it was epic

milesaway 13-Jan-2013 20:31

Quote:

Originally Posted by bally71
friend of mine did the highest pass (cant remember what it's called) on an enfield .. said it was epic

Khardung La- between manali and leh- over 5000m altitude- almost highest motorable pass in world- we wont be doing it this time even with snow chains- only open for couple months at end of summer

Si1208 14-Jan-2013 07:22

Khardung La is on my bucket list... but I need to get this racing thing out of my system first!

It sounds like you have already made your decision. Go for it, and have a great time!

(Gratz on the freedom, btw)

batesy2 14-Jan-2013 14:17

Hi Miles,Glad your free again,I just spent 3 1/2 weeks in Goa and loved it,New years on Anjuna beach is a blast mate

Keep smiling and see you eventually mate

Batesy

monty598 24-Jan-2013 13:38

Khardung La

1 Attachment(s)
I did the Khardung La thing in 2011 for my 50th birthday with the Enduro Himalaya lot. Shimla to Leh in 2 weeks then up to Khardung La. Quite expensive with E.H. but the backup is impressive. I highly recommend the trip whoever you do it with.

I also did Karnataka and Rajasthan back in the late 90s. Go to Jisalmer, Ranakphur and Hampi(Vijayanagara). You won't regret it.

Steve.